2014 IDEAS Conference
Date and Location
Pre-conference: Monday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 3
June 2-6, 2014 - Participant Registration
Exhibit Hall Open: Thursday, June 5 - Exhibitor Registration
Epworth by the Sea, St Simons Island
Georgia Department of Education’s Division for Special Education Services and Supports is proud to offer the IDEAS (Institute Designed for Educating All Students) Conference in partnership with Tools for Life at AMAC/Georgia Tech and Georgia CEC The IDEAS Conference will offer a wide range of session topics and presentations that will address technical and functional perspectives for all educators who teach students with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology & Accessibility
- Behavior & Classroom Management
- Common Core Curriculum: UDL & Curriculum Integration
- Education/Learning Strategies & Instructional Technologies
- Parent/Family Engagement
- Policies, Procedures & Practices
- Sensory Impairments
Tools for Life and Georgia CEC will sponsor the IDEAS Conference Exhibit Hall for 2014. Participants will be able to experience new products first-hand that can support learning for all children.
If you have any questions or need additional information contact Liz Persaud at email@example.com
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Exhibit Hall Set up - Wednesday June 4, 2014 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Thursday June 5 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Exhibit Hall Open - Thursday, June 5, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Exhibit Hall Breakdown - Thursday, June 5, 2014 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Please ship your materials to:
Epworth By The Sea
Include Company Name and the words Strickland Auditorium/Exhibit Hall
100 Arthur J. Moore Drive
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Participant Registration and Lodging
An updated agenda, schedule-at-a-glance, lodging rates, and other important conference information can be found at the GDOE IDEAS Conference page.
Nominate an individual, team or an organization for the 2014 Tools for Life Assistive Technology Awards:
- Excellence in AT Team Award - The Excellence in AT Team Award recognizes an AT Team, at the local or statewide level, that involves two or more professionals or entities that promote or facilitate the development of effective AT integration in a classroom, school, school system, workplace and/or community.
- AT Visionary Award - The Visionary Award recognizes a leader in the field of Assistive Technology in Georgia who has enhanced the field by demonstrating vision, innovation, and/or initiative.
- AT Innovation Award - The Innovation Award recognizes outstanding design of a program, project, product, building, space and/or inclusive classroom.
- Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award - The Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award honors individuals who have demonstrated proactive leadership skills by using or promoting assistive technology for living, learning, working or playing.
E-mail the completed nomination form as an electronic attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Award Nomination; or fax it to 404-894-8323, Attn: Carolyn Phillips
Download, complete and submit the Award Nomination Form before the Nomination Deadline Wednesday, May 16, 2014
Tools for Life is offering a limited amount of scholarships on a first-come first-served basis to Georgians with disabilities that are presenting at the 2014 IDEAS Conference. More information coming soon!
All questions can be directed to Liz Persaud at email@example.com