2014 IDEAS Conference
Date and Location
Pre-conference: Monday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 3
June 2-6, 2014 - Participant Registration
Exhibit Hall Open: Thursday, June 5 - Exhibitor Registration
Epworth by the Sea, St Simons Island
Georgia Department of Education’s Division for Special Education Services and Supports is proud to offer the IDEAS (Institute Designed for Educating All Students) Conference in partnership with Tools for Life at AMAC/Georgia Tech and Georgia CEC The IDEAS Conference will offer a wide range of session topics and presentations that will address technical and functional perspectives for all educators who teach students with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology & Accessibility
- Behavior & Classroom Management
- Common Core Curriculum: UDL & Curriculum Integration
- Education/Learning Strategies & Instructional Technologies
- Parent/Family Engagement
- Policies, Procedures & Practices
- Sensory Impairments
Registration for exhibiting at IDEAS 2014 is available only online at the IDEAS webpage. Exhibit Hall fees are $150.00. The exhibit hall will be held in Strickland Auditorium at Epworth by the Sea on Thursday, June 5, 2014. The $150.00 exhibit fee includes the cost for two complimentary conference registrations for up to two (2) representatives from your company, one 2’ X 8’ exhibiting table (table will be covered), printed tabletop signage showing company name, box lunch for two (2) company representatives on Thursday, June 5, 2014, name badges, and listing in the official conference program. Each additional representative after the first two registered will be charged $75.00 per person which helps to cover additional overhead and meal functions in the exhibit hall. Tables will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Representatives are invited to participate in conference sessions on a space available basis. Additional information will be sent once your exhibit registration is received.
Exhibitors will register through the IDEAS Registration Link on the IDEAS webpage. The exhibiting fees can be paid for with checks or PayPal. Credit cards will be accepted as a method of payment through PayPal only.
Exhibitors should mail payment to: GaCEC
Attn: Suzanne Korngold
34 School Street
Watkinsville, GA 30677
For additional questions regarding exhibit hall opportunities, please contact Liz Persaud at email@example.com.
Exhibiting fees are non-refundable. Exhibitors who do not show for the exhibit hall are still responsible for full payment of the exhibit registration fee.
The 2014 IDEAS Conference Exhibit Hall is co-sponsored by Tools for Life at Georgia Tech and The Georgia CEC.
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Exhibit Hall Set up - Wednesday June 4, 2014 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Thursday June 5 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Exhibit Hall Open - Thursday, June 5, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Exhibit Hall Breakdown - Thursday, June 5, 2014 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Please ship your materials to:
Epworth By The Sea
Include Company Name and the words Strickland Auditorium/Exhibit Hall
100 Arthur J. Moore Drive
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Participant Registration and Lodging
An updated agenda, schedule-at-a-glance, lodging rates, and other important conference information can be found at the GDOE IDEAS Conference page.
Nominate an individual, team or an organization for the 2014 Tools for Life Assistive Technology Awards:
- Excellence in AT Team Award - The Excellence in AT Team Award recognizes an AT Team, at the local or statewide level, that involves two or more professionals or entities that promote or facilitate the development of effective AT integration in a classroom, school, school system, workplace and/or community.
- AT Visionary Award - The Visionary Award recognizes a leader in the field of Assistive Technology in Georgia who has enhanced the field by demonstrating vision, innovation, and/or initiative.
- AT Innovation Award - The Innovation Award recognizes outstanding design of a program, project, product, building, space and/or inclusive classroom.
- Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award - The Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award honors individuals who have demonstrated proactive leadership skills by using or promoting assistive technology for living, learning, working or playing.
E-mail the completed nomination form as an electronic attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Award Nomination; or fax it to 404-894-8323, Attn: Carolyn Phillips
Download, complete and submit the Award Nomination Form before the Nomination Deadline Wednesday, May 16, 2014
Tools for Life is offering a limited amount of scholarships on a first-come first-served basis to Georgians with disabilities that are presenting at the 2014 IDEAS Conference. More information coming soon!
All questions can be directed to Liz Persaud at email@example.com