2016 IDEAS Conference
Date and Location
Epworth by the Sea, St Simons Island
5th Annual IDEAS Conference - June 6-10, 2016
Pre-Conference Sessions - Monday, June 6, 12:45 - Tuesday, June 7, 11:45
Exhibit Hall Open: Wednesday, June 8 (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM) and Thursday, June 9 (9:30 AM to 5:00 PM)
Register for the 2016 IDEAS Conference
An updated agenda, schedule-at-a-glance, lodging rates, and other important conference information can be found at the GDOE IDEAS Conference page.
Follow this link for Exhibitor Registration
For additional Exhibitor information please visit the 2016 IDEAS Exhibitor page.
Submit a Proposal
The call for proposals is now closed.
TFL Awards Nomination
Each year Tools for Life encourages the nomination of deserving individuals or teams demonstrating exemplary practices in the area of assistive technology. The awards nomination deadline is on Monday, May 16, 2016. Nominations are accepted in the areas of:
- Excellence in AT - Team Award
- Tools for Life Visionary Award
- Tools for Life Innovative Design Award
- Tools for Life Leadership Award
- The Naomi Walker “Catalyst for Positive Change” Award
- The Melinda Quinn “Squeaky Wheel” Award
These awards will be presented during the opening and closing sessions of IDEAS!
Georgia Department of Education’s Division for Special Education Services and Supports is proud to offer the IDEAS (Institute Designed for Educating All Students) Conference in partnership with Tools for Life at Georgia Tech and Georgia CEC. The IDEAS Conference will offer a wide range of session topics and presentations that will address technical and functional perspectives for all educators who teach students with disabilities.
- Assistive & Instructional Technology, Accessibility
- Behavior, Social Skills & Classroom Management
- Co-Teaching & Inclusive Practices
- Educational/Instructional Strategies
- Integrating Curriculum Standards into Instruction
- Parent/Family Engagement
- Policies, Procedures & Practices
- Speech, Language & Communication
- Disability Awareness
- Sensory Impairment
- Low Incidence Populations
Visit the official 2016 IDEAS conference website for more details and information.