2018 GATE Seminar
2018 Georgia Assistive Technology in Education (GATE) Seminar
Hosted by the Atlanta Metro Assistive Technology Consortia
Date and Location
Friday, December 7, 2018
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST
Georgia Tech Student Center - Map
350 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30313
The Georgia Assistive Technology in Education (GATE) Seminar, hosted by the Metro Atlanta Assistive Technology Consortia in collaboration with Tools for Life, Georgia’s Assistive Technology Act Program, is a comprehensive venue for Educators, Therapists, Parents and Community Members to gather and learn about Assistive Technology to help achieve success in the classroom. This seminar will feature a hands-on exhibit hall including national and local vendors in all areas of Assistive Technology. Specialists in the field will be presenting a variety of sessions that focus on best practices, product demonstrations, classroom implementation, and strategies that will support each student as they reach for their “Accessible Tomorrow”.
Register to attend GATE 2018. We encourage you to register early because seats for this seminar will be limited. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Scheifflee at email@example.com
Call for Presentations
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to present at this year's GATE Seminar, please submit your presentation information using the online form.
- The call for presentations will be open until Friday, September 21, 2018.
- Notices will be sent out via email on or around October 1, 2018 of acceptance with session time and room assignment.
- For more information visit 2018 GATE Call for Papers.
Continuing Education Credits
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be verified and offered by the AAC Institute.
- Certified Rehabilitation Credits (CRCs) are verified by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) and will be distributed by Tools for Life.
- Instructions on how to obtain your CEUs and/or CRCs will be in your packet at registration.
The closest hotels are:
Parking will be available at the GT Student Center at a discounted rate if purchased before the conference. There will also be additional accessible spaces reserved in the main lot of the Student Center. More information to follow.
There are a variety of dining options for your lunch break located in the GT Student Center Food Court. Be sure to take a look at the list of food options.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless Internet access will be available on site for $3 per person for the whole day. Access instructions will be included in your registration packet. You will need to use a credit/debit card to pay for this service.
Last Resort Fund
Since admission is only $15, we are collecting donations for a LAST RESORT FUND in the form of $1 contributions. Contributors will be included in the drawing for DOOR PRIZES sponsored by our GATE exhibitors.