Difference between revisions of "ATIA 2020 Pre-Conference Workshop: UDesign + Technology"
(Created page with "ABC")
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 13:29, 29 January 2020
Wednesday, January 29
Join us for a fun and interactive design session to address challenges experienced by people with disabilities!
There are many assistive technology (AT) solutions available today designed to address specific needs of individuals with disabilities. At the same time, technologies designed to meet the needs of the general consumer market are rapidly emerging and often adopted by users with disabilities as they discover these technologies can help them overcome challenges or barriers, while also supporting them in other everyday needs.
Join us for a fun and interactive design session as we work to address challenges experienced by people with disabilities and work toward concepts to solve those challenges.
Our keynote speaker will be Bryce Johnson, one of the inventors of the Xbox Adaptive Controller!
Whether you identify as an individual from the community, a practitioner, a technologist, a designer, or you are just interested in joining with others from a variety of backgrounds, you will learn to apply design thinking towards this problem space to brainstorm innovative ideas and solutions to these everyday challenges. This workshop will be a guided session to apply design thinking and you will learn how this process is applicable across different industries.
We are offering CEUs and CRC credits for this workshop!
In this interactive session, you will learn to:
- Build empathy with target users
- Learn about design thinking
- Develop a deeper understanding of problem space
- Brainstorm possible solutions
What to Bring
Bring a friend, colleague, or just yourself! We will supply all of the materials needed.
Visit https://udesign-technologyatia2020.eventbrite.com today and submit your registration to reserve your spot for this workshop!
- UDesign + Technology Workshop Agenda PDF
- Workbook for Inclusive, Human-Centered Design in Full Color Printable PDF
- Workbook for Inclusive, Human-Centered Design in Plain Text Printable PDF
- UDesign + Technology Activity Guide Presentation PDF
- UDesign + Technology Activity Guide Presentation Outline PDF
- UDesign + Technology List of Technologies PDF
- UDesign + Technology User Attributes PDF