Your Source for Assistive Technology Discounts in Georgia
- AT Depot endeavors to break down the barriers which prevent individuals with disabilities, their families, and service providers from acquiring and effectively using Assistive Technologies to gain greater independence.
- The Georgia AT Depot is a state-wide buying Cooperative for Assistive Technology for customers in the state of Georgia. The Georgia AT Depot is modeled after the Maryland AT Co-op, which has operated a successful cooperative buying program since 1998. The Georgia AT Depot is a collaborating partner with the Maryland Co-op. In this way we can provide Georgia customers the best discounts possible.
AT Depot, the Georgia Assistive Technology Cooperative, is in the Georgia Tools for Life Network. This provides Georgians with several immediate advantages:
- A network of local Assistive Technology Resources Centers (ATRCs) to serve AT Depot Customers with:
- Training & Professional Development
- Product demonstrations
- Implementation services
- Product Support
Assistive Technology is often the key to success for individuals with disabilities in the workplace. Many times, the struggle to obtain needed AT solutions is in figuring out funding options.
Dollars & Sense Funding Guide The Dollars & Sense Funding Guide is a resource for locating funding sources for AT devices and services. This guide was developed to make the funding process easier and to assist in getting the assistive technology they need.
Credit-Able is Georgia’s Alternative Financing Program for Assistive Technology
- Providing low-interest loans
- Working through participating credit unions
- Enabling Georgians with disabilities access to affordable financing
- Used for Assistive Technology and Home & Vehicle Modifications
The Center for Financial Independence & Innovation
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and their family members advance their financial independence and security.
DME, Computer and AT Device Reuse program The Southeastern Technology Access and Reuse (STAR) Network is the distribution model that provides reused assistive technology (AT), computers, durable medical equipment, and home care equipment to centers that are members of the Network in Georgia and the Southeastern United States.
. . . negotiating AT discounts for you!
- Making a Purchase
- How to Order through AT Depot
- Directions for Requesting a Quote
- Featured Manufacturers and Publishers | PDF
Order Form [File:ATDepotquoteform_4411_0428.xls MS Excel]
Quote Request Form PDF | MS Excel
AT Depot's relationship with Maryland’s AT Co-op makes assistive technology more affordable to schools, agencies, organizations, seniors, and families by provides discounted purchasing opportunities. We have a variety of assistive technology available at discounted prices including:
- Educational and Curricular Access Software
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Communication Devices
- Computer Access
- Aids for Daily Living
- Visual Supports Software
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Supplies
- Sensory Aids
- Therapeutic Supplies
The co-op can offer such good prices because we know the products and the "players" through years of professional contact and on-going conference attendance. Our price list is constantly changing due to competitive bids being conducted every six months to take advantage of price reductions and new product developments. We also conduct additional direct negotiations with manufacturers.
The co-op serves as a "reseller" to offer the best pricing on certain product lines where margins are small. We believe in low overhead we have part time staff, pay for minimal advertising, etc.). Another way we bring you discounted products is by getting permission from various manufacturers to hold "statewide" versions of "district" licenses, allowing small systems to benefit from the purchase levels of large systems.
How to Order through AT Depot
Order Form PDF | MS Excel
P.O.’s can emailed to info@ATDepot.org
- Group desired products by manufacturer on your P.O. or shopping list.
- Calculate discounts and shipping/handling for each. NOTE In most cases S/H is 8% with a $10 minimum. Exceptions are noted in BOLD type. #Heavy products may require S/H rates as indicated in the manufacturer’s catalog.
- Indicate catalog product number and name. Caution: Many products have similar names.
- Indicate Mac or WIN and cable type where necessary.
- Indicate a contact person on your P.O. and provide an email address and phone number. Include a ‘Ship to:’ address.
- As soon as your order arrives, check the contents and turn the packing slip in to your finance department -- so that the Georgia AT Depot Co-op can be paid.
Directions for Requesting a Quote
Quote Request Form PDF | MS Excel
You will need to use a manufacturer's catalog or access to their website in order to get all details necessary to receive a quote or place an order. View the Vendor/Catalog List to see a list of vendors/manufacturers and their contact information.
1. Complete a copy of the GA AT Depot Quote Request Form;
Send your Quote Request to the Georgia AT Depot:
- E-mail: info@ATDepot.org at any time, day or night;
- Mail to: The TFL AT Depot @ 512 Means Street Suite 200 | Atlanta | GA | 30318
2. The Georgia AT Depot will research the best price for your desired product based on current bids and will contact you with the total price quote, including any applicable taxes and shipping.
3. Make check or money order payable to The Georgia AT Depot (NO Cash, Credit Cards, or Medical Assistance).
4. Your order will be placed when payment or PO is received.
5. Average delivery is 2 - 6 weeks depending on supplier inventory.
- Returns can be expensive and are normally only allowed within one month of order unless item is defective.
- If you have any questions please contact our Georgia liaison, Martha Rust via email at Info@ATDepot.org, or by phone or toll free at 800-497-8665.
Featured Manufacturers and Publishers
Featured Manufacturers and Publishers | PDF
Click on the link above for a list of the manufacturers and publishers whose products are featured in the current GA AT Depot Co-op Discounted Price Guide. Please use this list to request catalogs or to review product descriptions online. Then purchase through the Co-op to receive discounted prices.
...Who is AT Depot?
AT Depot, Georgia's Assistive Technology Cooperative, operated by Tools for Life, is a new business collaborative with Maryland AT: LAST.
Tools for Life can give you and your family more options for greater freedom in your lives. Our mission is to increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services for Georgians of all ages and disabilities so they can live, learn, work, and play independently in the communities of their choice.
Additional services offered through Tools for Life include:
- Provision of high quality, low-cost training opportunities in a variety of formats both at our site and yours
- Demonstration and loan of a vast collection of AT devices and software exemplifying the continuum of products available;
- Consultations and evaluations to meet individual needs or improve service provision
- Direct service sessions to students with learning disabilities
- Advocacy assistance to families
- Grant writing assistance to schools and organizations
What is the Maryland AT Co-op?
This program provides discounted purchasing and training opportunities to schools, agencies, organizations, and families. With initial funding and support from the Maryland Technology Assistance Program (Governor’s Office for Individuals with Disabilities), the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE Division of Special Education), and the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC) the Co-op uses the combined purchasing power of Maryland’s schools to make A.T. more affordable. As of July 2009, the Co-op has saved participants $2 million on their A.T. purchases!
Click here to get a solid understanding of the depth of services and opportunities the MD AT Co-op provides to the citizens of Maryland.
Through the Georgia AT Depot’s collaboration with the Georgia Tools for Life network, a wide range of training and professional development activities, as well as product comparison sessions are available to AT Depot customers. Visit www.gatfl.org regularly as well as your local Assistive Technology Resource Center (ATRC) for the latest sessions and to register early. For more information about training call AT Depot at 800-497-8665. AT Depot is committed to providing individuals with disabilities and people working with them the essential training needed to utilize assistive technology in all environments including home, school and work.
AT Depot offers training opportunities throughout the year that focus on specific products, implementation trainings and product comparison workshops. Workshops vary from hands-on lab environments, to lecture/demo presentations as well as round-table discussions. Round Table Discussion
Visit our Learning Center for hands-on assistive technology training on a variety of topics or bring our trainings to your location. Browse our Training To-Go Catalog to see what workshops meet the needs of your teachers and staff. If you do not see what you are looking for, email a training request to email@example.com and we will customize a training for you.
We provide the training necessary to:
- Develop awareness of the continuum of products available and their potential to support individuals with special needs;
- Learn best practices for assessment and the feature match between needs and AT;
- Learn how to effectively implement the use of AT to maximize its benefits, especially within the school environment.
For more information on trainings provided by the Tools for Life team, visit the Tools for Life Training page.
. . . our comprehensive model
AT Depot is proud to provide AT consumers with a comprehensive resource to preview, purchase at a discount, and receive training on a range of assistive technology devices.
We offer the following services:
- AT Equipment Loans
- At Demonstration
- Discounted Purchasing
- AT Training
- AT Consultation/Technical Assistance
- AT Evaluations
The Tools for Life Network and Assistive Technology Resource Centers (ATRCs)
Disability Connections | Walton Options | FODAC | The CFII
What are Assistive Technology Resource Centers (ATRCs)? The Tools for Life Assistive Technology Resource Centers (ATRCs) are "hands-on" learning centers for demonstration, education and evaluation of products available on the market today. They are also a resource for Georgians with disabilities, families, friends, health care professionals and other professionals who are interested in seeing, learning and experimenting with new and existing assistive technology devices and equipment.
Contact us for information on and/or assistance with pricing, ordering, and product availability:
Mail: The TFL AT Depot @ 512 Means Street Suite 200 | Atlanta | GA | 30318
To request electronic copies of price booklets or to be added to our database to automatically receive a PDF version of our price list – contact the Communications Coordinator by sending an e-mail to info@ATDepot.org or by calling 800-497-8665.
For quantity pricing on products:
- where QDA (Quantity Discount Available) is indicated, or for “Contact for Quote” product lines;
- to add to existing licenses;
- to have us pursue a discount on product lines not listed;
- to have large bids conducted for your school system;
- or for billing questions
Contact the Purchasing Department at 800-497-8665 (phone) or email info@ATDepot.org
Disclaimer and Policy Statement
The Georgia AT Depot Assistive Technology Cooperative works hard to bring you discounted pricing on your assistive technology needs. While every attempt is made to assure the accuracy of this document, we are not responsible for typographical errors.
When a single percentage off “an entire product line” is offered, it applies to products manufactured and shipped by the date this bid was conducted (July 2010). We cannot predict pricing or discount levels on products released after this date. If unsure about a new product, please contact us to verify pricing.
Please note that we will NOT hold a collaborating vendor to a stated discount if they inform us of a manufacturer’s price increase. No one benefits from penalizing a collaborating vendor!
Due to matters beyond our control, prices may change without notice.