AT Device Demonstrations
Who Can Get a Demonstration?
Device demonstrations are available to people with disabilities and their families, as well as providers of education, health, employment and related services. Demonstrations will:
- Increase your understanding of the types of devices that can help you with a specific need, such as talking on the telephone or reading your mail
- Improve your knowledge of a device's features, and how those features differ from other devices that perform the same thing, such as the difference between two personal listening devices
- Increase your understanding of how device(s) can help you at work, in school, at home and in your community
How Do I Request a Demonstration?
Requests for a demonstration can be made by telephone or email. A mutually convenient time and place for the demonstration will be set. Your request may result in a group demonstration at an agency site, may be individually accommodated at one of our offices, or you may be referred to events, trainings or services readily available in your community.
Assistive Technology Resource Centers in Georgia
The Tools for Life Network operates 3 comprehensive demonstration centers in our ATRCs at which individuals can see a broad range of assistive technology devices:
For more information
For more information or to request a demonstration, please contact:
Disability Connections 170 College Street Macon, GA 31201 Phone (Voice & TDD): (478) 741-1425 Coordinator: Jerilyn Leverett E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: www.disabilityconnections.com
Walton Options for Independent Living 948 Walton Way Augusta, GA 30901 Phone (Voice/TTY): (706) 724-6262 Fax: (706) 724-4044 Augusta Coordinator : Kathy Pelletier Web Site : www.waltonoptions.org
Tools for Life @ Georgia Tech
Please note that Device Demonstrations are NOT intended to
- Instruct you on how to use a device you have borrowed or already own, or provide advanced instruction to operate a device
- Assess your abilities to use certain device(s)
- Evaluate what specific device(s) will individually benefit you or help you accomplish a particular task
- Replace the expertise, services and support of an AT provider (OT, SLP, etc.)