Difference between revisions of "Assistive Technology Conference - LDA of Washington State"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
*[[Media: Kool Tools 4 Students]]
*[[Media: Kool Tools 4 Students ]]
Revision as of 14:05, 29 October 2015
Assistive Technology Conference - LDA of Washington State
- What: A customized Assistive Technology Conference designed to educate and demonstrate technology solutions to increase success in educational and workplace environments.
- When: Saturday, November 7th from 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Where: Hamlin-Robinson School
- Who: This event that is open to LDA members and non-members in Washington State (predominately in Seattle/Eastside areas). The Conference is focused on parents, teachers, adults, and children so they can become exposed to the technology solutions they may need for middle school, high school, and postsecondary/work.
- CEUs will be provided
- The tentative working Agenda:
- 8:30 am Registration
- 9:00 am Opening/Introductions
- 9:15 - 10:45 am Panelist Presentations and demonstrations of some of the technology (Georgia Tech, UW and Dr. Dupuy) (about 15-20 minutes each with Q & A after)
- 10:45 - 11:00 am Break
- 11:00 - 12:50 pm Hands-on experiential learning with demonstrations in the “lab”
- 12:50 - 1:00 pm Wrap-up
- Building Bridges for Smoother Transitions through Assistive Technology
Presenters: Carolyn Phillips, Tools for Life Director & Martha Rust, Assistive Technology specialist, Tools for Life I AMAC Accessibility at Georgia Tech