Expert Interview Recruitment
Expert Interviews: Development of the Workplace Accommodation Expert Support System (Work ACCESS)
When faced with a workplace accommodation problem, would you like to be able to learn how others have solved it? Are you frustrated when you see a “solution” that an employer or employee made on their own that is not working well because it was chosen without adequate information?
We are developing Work ACCESS, a new online tool and app to help people, particularly employers and employees with disabilities, make informed accommodation decisions. We would like your input on what assessment questions need to be asked, what solutions should be prioritized for different scenarios, and when outside experts should be consulted.
You can contribute your experience to the development of the tool by participating in one or more of our internet-based group interviews. Five to eight people will participate in each session. The session will include critical review and brainstorming of assessment questions and decision branches for already-begun and new accommodation scenarios. For example, participants might review the decision branches that we have outlined for telephone use and note that we forgot to include solutions for people who have trouble remembering phone numbers. A participant might share a solution that he or she used for multi-line phones, while another might note that questions should be added to determine whether traditional telephone use is required or whether other communication methods (e.g., text message) could be used as a substitute. You will be asked to spend about a half hour reviewing the section of materials to be discussed, then participate in a group interview that will last 1.5 hours. You will receive $40 (check or gift card) as compensation for your time.
In order to take part in the interviews, you must:
- Have experience using and/or recommending workplace accommodations
- Be 18 years old or older
- Work in and be participating from the United States
- Be fluent in spoken or written English
We will be covering different topics throughout the year. Note that your particular expertise may match up best with a session later in the year. You are welcome to participate in multiple sessions.
Remote Meeting Accommodations
- Thursday, November 5 at 3:00-4:30 p.m. (Group 1)
- Thursday, November 12 at 2:00-3:30 p.m. (Group 2)
- Thursday, November 19 at 3:00-4:30 p.m. (Group 3)
- Registration and more information: https://work-access-development_remote-meeting_nov-2020.eventbrite.com
One-on-One Remote Communication
- Wednesday, November 11 at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Group 1)
- Wednesday, November 18 at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Group 2)
- Registration and more information: https://work-access-development_remote-comm_nov-2020.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, November 10 at 1:00-2:30 p.m. (Group 1)
- Friday, November 13 at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Group 2)
- Registration and more information: https://work-access-development_restrooms_nov2020.eventbrite.com
If you are interested in participating or have further questions, please contact: