Assistive Technology Strategies & Solutions for Living!
There have been significant developments over the last few years in Assistive Technology (AT) strategies & solutions for Living. Assistive technology includes a range of technologies, devices, equipment and services, which assists people with disabilities in achieving personal independence in their everyday lives. AT can, in some instances, assist individuals to live completely independently.
AT for Living Resources
- Independent Life Resources  A World of Resources for persons with disabilities, senior citizens, and those who care! Easy-to-use link directories, disability products and services, information, assistance, adaptive equipment, personal support, articles, news, and TruEnergy Enterprises' education and direct care training materials.
- Independent Living USA  Deals with independent living and disability issues.
- The Center for an Accessible Society  A newsletter designed to focus public attention on disability and independent living issues by disseminating information to promote independent living.
- Easy Living Home Program  to encourage builders in to voluntarily implement EasyLiving features. Call or write for a builder’s packet featuring construction guidelines, and for information on Easy Living Certification of single-family detached homes.
- Easy Living Home Program  to encourage builders in Georgia to voluntarily implement EasyLiving features. Call or write for a builder’s packet featuring construction guidelines, and for information on Easy Living Certification of single-family detached homes.
- Center for an Accessible Society  National organization designed to focus public attention on disability and independent living issues by disseminating information developed through NIDRR-funded research to promote independent living.
- Senior Alternatives for Living  This site provides information on assistive living, nursing homes, retirement communities and home health care.
- Adaptations for Daily Living  Site offers hundreds of daily living products for people of all ages.
Please help us spread the word by sharing this announcement!
For more information contact Liz Persaud at
Locations of our previous successful Town Hall Meetings
Cobb County and surrounding areas: Friday, August 10, 2012 - 10:00AM to 2:00PM KSU Continuing Education Center - Room 300, 1000 Chastain Rd. #3301, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Augusta and surrounding areas: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 9:00AM to 11:30AM Kroc Community Center - 1833 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30904