Living AT Solutions
Assistive Technology Strategies & Solutions for Living!
There have been significant developments over the last few years in Assistive Technology (AT) strategies & solutions for Living. Assistive technology includes a range of technologies, devices, equipment and services, which assists people with disabilities in achieving personal independence in their everyday lives. AT can, in some instances, assist individuals to live completely independently. Some solutions include:
- Adaptive silverware
- Adaptive cooking utensils
- Adaptive cutting board
Aids for Daily Living
- Grab bars for bathroom
- Raised toilet seats
- Adaptive toothbrushes, sponges, and brushes
- Emergency response phones and picture dialing
- Memory aids
- Talking pill reminders and talking thermometers
- Button and zipper pulls
- Sock holders
- Hairdryer holders
- Dressing sticks
AT for Living Resources
- Independent Life Resources A World of Resources for persons with disabilities, senior citizens, and those who care! Easy-to-use link directories, disability products and services, information, assistance, adaptive equipment, personal support, articles, news, and TruEnergy Enterprises' education and direct care training materials.
- Independent Living USA  Deals with independent living and disability issues.
- The Center for an Accessible Society National organization designed to focus public attention on disability and independent living issues by disseminating information developed through NIDRR-funded research to promote independent living.
- Senior Alternatives for Living  This site provides information on assistive living, nursing homes, retirement communities and home health care.
- Adaptations for Daily Living  Site offers hundreds of daily living products for people of all ages.