Speech Trek: The Next Generation! - 2019 Annual Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association (GSHA) Convention
Speech Trek: The Next Generation! -- What is ahead for the field from the perspective of technology and AAC?
2019 Annual Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association (GSHA) Conference
University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
February 15, 2019
Technology is rapidly changing the landscape around us. There is a proliferation of consumer devices that can and do influence how we communicate. New innovations in access and speech technology are announced with greater frequency. This session will address several important questions:
- How will these developments affect our field?
- Which of these developments are most promising as tools or in therapies?
- How can professional development help the field take advantage of these innovations?
- How do we prepare the “next generation” of Speech-Language Pathologists in light of these developments?
Dr. Ben Satterfield, Research Associate, Tools for Life
Resources for You!
- Visit the Tools for Life website to learn more about Georgia's assistive technology services.
Citation: Satterfield, B. (2019). Speech Trek: The Next Generation!. Presented at Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association Conference, Athens, GA, 2019.