Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 05/07/2019"
(Created page with "agenda")
|(12 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 07:50, 18 June 2019
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 30 mins
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.
- Volume 13 submissions have been peer reviewed in and in editing stage.
- Volume 14 theme will be "Literacy". Call for Papers closed June 15.
- We have been asked to submit article on the presentation we did at IDEAS on the Impact of AT Mastery on College Performance for Individuals with High Incidence Disabilities - have been given an extension until July 1st.
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Data collection is finished and analysis is under way.
On DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database - we need all data collected from the field updated as soon after July 1st as possible.
- Numbers are changing daily but as of last week: 39 individuals are complete, 20 more are in the last stage (have AT and need final follow up), 24 are in the process of receiving their AT.
- Team is focused on getting out and seeing participants.
- We have prepared the IRB Protocol for DBHDD-2020 and will submit it this week.
Work ACCESS Project
- Team conducted first focus groups at IDEAS. More to come this week.
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE project)
- Funding from CATEA to complete courses for professional/ continuing education through GTPE.
- Universal Design - leveraging work done for other project.
- Introduction to AAC - leveraging course content from UGA course.
- Sheryl Ballanger - lead.
Other Decision Trees/Algorithum Projects:
- Paroles & Pardons Project
- Aging Decision Tree Project (Washington)
Planning meeting for K-12 membership program was held on Tuesday April 23rd.
- Would build upon K-12 decision tree that was developed by Philip Roberts.
- Looking to engage other services besides evals (team building, consulting, etc.)
- Exploring other possible Grant opportunities:
- HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants
- FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
- GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.
- Public Awareness (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 177225
- Public Awareness (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 43214
- Information and Assistance (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 763
- Information and Assistance (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 763
- Group Training (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 679
- Group Training (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 410
- Technical Assistance (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 5
- Technical Assistance (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 5
- Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- What’s Upcoming - Important Reminders
- GVRA New Hire Orientation 5/8 - Liz lead, who would like to join?
- Georgia Power ADAPPT AT Showcase 6/13 - Liz, Martha, Sam
- IDEAS 2019
- Sponsorship: 5 ($3,500)
- IDEAS Meeting - 5/15 at 2:00
- Other Projects
- ATAP (AT3)
- Carolyn, Liz, Trish Redmon
- Webinars Focused on Reuse (4)
- CPAP Reuse
- Hearing Aid Reuse
- Prison Refurbishment
- AT Reuse Activities
- Carolyn, Liz, Danny, others as needed
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts: PIDS National Call (Danny), Portal requests - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- GTPE UD Video Project
- Liz, Sam, Tori, Raminta
- Currently writing scripts
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- Danny is working on content
- Liz is a content contributor
- Work ACCESS - Decision Tree and AT Software KnowledgeBase
- Carolyn, Liz, Ben S.
- Focus groups - 5/13 and 14 at 12:30 (we need participants)
- Focus groups at IDEAS - 6/4 at 9:00 and 12:00
- TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- Carolyn, Liz, Ben J.
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Continue to provide public awareness and education
- Planning continues for competition
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
- Wireless RERC Leadership Luncheon 4/25 - Sam coordinated, Liz and Ben presented
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- New Hire Orientation - check out calendar for schedule
- New Managers Orientation
- Who would like to co-present?
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Rachel) - 10 mins.
- Device Demos All Centers 10/1/18- Present: 317
- Device Demo TFL 10/1/18- Present: 81
- Device Loan All Centers 10/1/18-Present: 269
- Device Loan TFL 10/1/18- Present: 124
- Device Reutilization 10/1/18- Present: 2913
- Contract Updates
- 1. DEI- Rachel and Martha successfully delivered AT to One-Stop Workforce centers in Augusta, Gwinnett and Athens.
- 2. DBHDD- Continuing to deliver AT, finalize last visits before June. Meeting with DBHDD went well with TFL team presenting data on how the project has progressed to this point.
- 3. Gracewood- Dee Dee completed training on Visual Supports and 4 Assessments. Dee Dee is planning next training in April and to complete the remaining 6 assessments. The reports will be written after. Martha has reached out to Dan Howell regarding a new contract and he is to be in touch next week.
4. Met with DAS 5/6/19: continuing to build the relationship and our opportunities with $157K state received for AT, next phase of Decision Tree, serving AAA/ADRC's assistance with AT across the state, and new ideas including assisting with combating isolation in older adults, especially in rural areas of state. From Gina: School referrals: Cherokee Charter - 3 new referrals Glascock County - AAC Assessment complete, report needs to be written Washington County Schools - inquiring about AT Assessment, waiting on follow-up Upson County Schools - Norford is working on CIDI membership Atlanta Public Schools - AAC Assessment scheduled 5/7/19 DeKalb County Schools - in-kind AAC/AT Assessment Lowndes County Schools - 2 referrals, in process for late summer/early Fall 2019 (AT Evaluations) Clayton County Schools - 2 referrals, type unknown, in process 2 Private AT Evaluations
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
Dollars and Sense
- Repurposing D&S as a transition resource
- May discuss more at Interagency Transition meeting
- Link to P2P GA database
- Bulk up resources for
- AT Plan
- Other (k-12 resources?)
- Since March, 18 loans have been approved, $16,900 disbursed (HHS funds are now down to $2,379.38
- 116 active loans totaling $361,499
- The maximum loan Credit-Able will be doing is $5,000
- First $TEP will continue (for now)
- GLASS Accessibility Conference - great job Tori and Johann!
- SGS was a great experience, lots of interest
- dLINK Not Gala Gala - TFL and AT had some shoutouts
- GLASS prom was a success, everyone loved the space
- SunTrust coming on Friday
- GLASS Accessibility Fair Saturday
- Regions coming next Tuesday
- ABLE Alliance
- I will be missing for a lot of June (IDEAS, CBA, ADRC, CAC) just as a heads up
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.
- Google I/O
- Alexa Privacy
- Wireless Leadership Luncheon
- TechSage Advisory Board
- ATIA Webinar
- Gaming Assessments