TFL Team Meeting - 05/07/2019
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 30 mins
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.
- Volume 13 submissions have been peer reviewed in and in editing stage.
- Volume 14 theme will be "Literacy". Call for Papers open April - June 15.
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Troup County has made some unannounced changes in student assignments in the control group classroom.
- We are assessing what information we can gather and use from the semester.
On DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
- Numbers are changing daily but as of last week: 26 individuals are complete, 19 more are in the last stage (have AT and need final follow up), 36 are in the process of receiving their AT. We have completed 81 evaluations!
- Team is focused on getting out and seeing participants.
- We met with Amy R. from DBHDD about the proposed budget for next year last Friday.
- There is the potential that we will have another fully funded year - we are working through the exact parameters of this agreement.
Work ACCESS Project
- Team is preparing for first focus groups. To start in early May.
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE project)
- Funding from CATEA to complete courses for professional/ continuing education through GTPE.
- Universal Design - leveraging work done for other project.
- Introduction to AAC - leveraging course content from UGA course.
- Sheryl Ballanger - lead.
Other Decision Trees/Algorithum Projects:
- Paroles & Pardons Project
- Aging Decision Tree Project (Washington)
Planning meeting for K-12 membership program was held on Tuesday April 23rd.
- Would build upon K-12 decision tree that was developed by Philip Roberts.
- Looking to engage other services besides evals (team building, consulting, etc.)
- Exploring other possible Grant opportunities:
- HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants
- FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
- GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.
- Public Awareness (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 176,856
- Public Awareness (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 42,845
- Information and Assistance (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 763
- Information and Assistance (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 763
- Group Training (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 567
- Group Training (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 298
- Technical Assistance (All Centers) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 4
- Technical Assistance (TFL) - 10/01/2018 to Present: 4
- Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- What Happened
- GLASS Conference 3/25-27
- LeadingAge Conference 3/25-27
- AT3 Leadership Symposium 3/25-27
- Microsoft Meeting and Tour 3/25
- Atlanta Archdiocese Training 3/26
- DEI webinars - complete! Now and video post-production.
- GVRA NHO - Sam and Tori led April session! Next session on May 8.
- What’s Upcoming - Important Reminders
- Wireless RERC Leadership Luncheon 4/25 - Sam lead (Liz and Ben presenting)
- GVRA New Hire Orientation 5/8 - Who can cover?
- Georgia Power ADAPPT AT Showcase 6/13 - Liz, Martha, Sam
- IDEAS 2019
- Other Projects
- ATAP (AT3)
- Carolyn, Liz, Trish Redmon
- Webinars Focused on Reuse (4)
- CPAP Reuse
- Hearing Aid Reuse
- Prison Refurbishment
- AT Reuse Activities
- Carolyn, Liz, Danny, others as needed
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts: PIDS National Call (Danny), Portal requests - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- GTPE UD Video Project
- Liz, Sam, Tori, Raminta
- Currently writing scripts
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- Danny is working on content
- Liz is a content contributor
- Work ACCESS - Decision Tree and AT Software KnowledgeBase
- Carolyn, Liz, Ben S.
- TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- Carolyn, Liz, Ben J.
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Continue to provide public awareness and education
- Planning continues for competition
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- New Hire Orientation - check out calendar for schedule
- New Managers Orientation
- Who would like to co-present?
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Rachel) - 10 mins.
- Device Demos All Centers 10/1/18- Present: 317
- Device Demo TFL 10/1/18- Present: 81
- Device Loan All Centers 10/1/18-Present: 269
- Device Loan TFL 10/1/18- Present: 124
- Device Reutilization 10/1/18- Present: 2867
- Contract Updates
- 1. DEI- Rachel and Martha have completed the list for Equipment. Rachel had call yesterday with Rossany and OneStop directors about their concerns with AT. Liz, Danny, Martha had call with Rossany and training team regarding how the webinars will be archived. Martha and Rachel will make plans to deliver toolkits when they arrive and do brief trainings.
- 2. DBHDD- Martha and DeeDee are in the Savannah area to deliver equipment to 6 individuals and one demo for computer access in a nursing home. We have several individuals in the Atlanta Area that we will be delivering equipment too. Will be reaching out to Region 3 for more individuals. We had a good meeting with Nicki Wilson and working on some changes before the meeting on March 29th. DeeDee and Gina will begin working with Belton group on Monday with the individual in Macon. We will need to schedule others that need interpreters soon.
- 3. Gracewood- Dee Dee completed training on Visual Supports and 4 Assessments. Dee Dee is planning next training in April and to complete the remaining 6 assessments. The reports will be written after. Martha has reached out to Dan Howell regarding a new contract and he is to be in touch next week.
- 4. Other Assessments: Schools: Cherokee Charter - 3 new referrals;Glascock County - AAC Assessment complete, report needs to be written; Washington County Schools - inquiring about AT Assessment, waiting on follow-up; Upson County Schools - Norford is working on CIDI membership; Atlanta Public Schools - AAC Assessment scheduled 5/7/19; DeKalb County Schools - in-kind AAC/AT Assessment/ Consultation from Mike G.; Lowndes County Schools - 2 referrals, in process for late summer/early Fall 2019 (AT Evaluations); Clayton County Schools - 2 referrals, type unknown, in process; 2 Private AT Evaluations MFP: 3 new ones
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- 2/1/19-3/5/19- 8 submissions (3 approved, 2 denied 4 in process). $16,750 disbursed
- 115 active loans with principle totaling $364,628
- 4 PIFs
- 9 charge offs this month ($18,562.90)
- We recovered the funds from a previous CO and got the rescue loan paid off AND didn't have to sell the van!
- If you get a call from Tina Aldridge, refer her to Mike Galifianakis
- We have less than 20k in the HHS account, this will be spent down by end of March
- Working on CDFI certification
- Audit was done successfully
- Currently only have 3 registered for "Building a Better Financial Future" workshop
- Inclusive Lending Workgroup
- FDIC will be here to present
- Please share!
- OT students from GSU last Friday
- Thank you Tori for updating the PPTs!
- Thank you Sam for helping with the tour (there were A LOT of students)
- NFB was here Saturday and thanked us for the space
- Currency readers
- Don't forget we have those for people you're seeing that may have print related disabilities
- I will be going to disABILITY LINK to give some out on Monday the 18th from 12-2, anybody want to join?
- GA AER next Wednesday
- IL day at the capital on the 19th, anyone want to join?
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.
- Hollywood Reporter Interview
- AT3 Article
- Smart Bathroom Alexa Skill
- ATIA Webinar
- Next Webinar (Mainstream Gaming and Accessibility) is May 2nd