Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 07/03/2018"
|Line 136:||Line 136:|
==Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)==
==Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)==
*IOT Tracking Azure Platform
*IOT Tracking Azure Platform
Latest revision as of 09:22, 3 July 2018
Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- AMAC - Budget & Projections - PROGRESS!
- Goals 2018:
- 1. Ensure financial sustainability by diversifying revenue, *managing costs, and building a reserve.
- 2. Promote staff excellence by enhancing skill development through training and strengthening accountability.
- 3. Strengthen research contributions to advance academic and public engagement and enhance quality/trust in products and service.
- Effective Program Management
- Best Use of Time and Talents
- Outcome Oriented and Results Focused
TFL Administration Updates
- HR -
- Reorganization -
- Will Hire:
- 1-2 more Managers
- 1 Project Specialist/Research
- 1 Programmer
- Performance Reviews & Goals
- Updated your Progress Every month
- Save and Share your Kudos!
Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)
Grants & Contracts Updates!
- 1-5 year Strategy!
- FUNDED-AT Act 2017: P4 - do not use.
- FUNDED-AT Act 2018 - CR1 & CR2: AK Hope to Have Final Budget soon. Preseident Budget 2019 released.
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000: Budget Modification
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Moving Forward
- FUNDED - DEI: Do not charge to unless working on this.
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs
- FUNDED - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able: Wrapping up. Only Danny's time.
- FUNDED - GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA:
- FUNDED - GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000):
- FUNDED- Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - ATAP | $47k for for National Pass It On Center:
- FUNDED - GTC - PIOC from Portlight! $70k
- FUNDED - GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650: Wrapping up
Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- NPS 5 year funding
- RERC TechSAge 2: 5 year funding
- DRRP CATEA: 5 year funding
- HHS - DT
- CDFI CFII - Match
- GVRA 1-3 year funding
- NIDLIRR AbleData: 5 year funding
- RERC? AMAC Lead
- FIP AMAC Lead
- Increase State Funding
TFL Direct AT Services Updates
AT Access Updates (Martha)
- ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 417, Device Demo 1254, Device Reutilization 2115; TFL- Device Loans 77, Device Demo 182
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:
- 126 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week - Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys- Asha is compiling results (Sent in 90 responses on papaer) - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - Krista, Rachel, and Martha have made one trip to Gracewood. We are waiting to receive the AT Agreement forms to be returned; will follow-up this week - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit - Rachel and Martha working with Gracewood and TFL Training team in regards to 6 2 hour Disability 101 Trainings. One will be a recorded webinar. Looking at the week of July 23rd for the other 5 - Rachel and Martha looking at calendars for Savannah- Two Gracewood individuals have transitioned out there and there are 4/5 new DBHDD referrals in the Savannah area
- ) DEI
- Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI - Call with Rossany last Thursday; budget modification should be coming through soon - Would like to hire counselors in Atlanta and has asked for TFL Training June 22nd; Training on hold until they are able to hire
- ) National Parks
- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Brian is working with Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - Would like TFL to create 2 Universal Design Templates for physical and programmatic; these are on hold for now - Martha has weekly calls with Brian Cook - A survey list of questions and a draft strategic plan has been sent for him to review - Brian has asked for us to Review NPS projects for Accessibility- has not given us feedback on the one we sent yet on 5/29 - Brian has asked for an Accessibility Checklist- sent draft 5/29 and asked us to keep working on it - Rachel and Martha went to Cumberland Island and looked at accessibility F/U: Phone call with Brian on 6/26: -Review and provide comments on the one-year plan spreadsheet TFL: We will provide comments to the spreadsheet- so far things look good on TFL part -Review and provide comments on the accessibility project tool. TFL: We will begin the focus in the UD Section -Brian will figure out how to identify all the PDFs (potentially 700!) and videos that need to be brought up to 508 compliance and send the list to TFL. TFL: will wait to hear from Brian Brian will email the parks get stories and requests for fodder about service/comfort animal training. Will be 30 minutes long with 15 for Q&A. Will look at calendars and confirm date- sent email to begin planning Sarah and Rachel will continue to work on "checklist" and email status updates to Brian. Weekly phone calls are on hold until after Brian returns from vacation.
- ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. Danny and Martha are completing; asked John Rempel to check is referring for ICT accessibility on AWARE database was needed.
Remaining 2 AT assessments are scheduled- Mike G. provided excellent information and guidance re: accessibility with AWARE database.
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships - Are they all Members? Rachel will review. DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment -
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
- ) Still have several requests for AT Evals and AAC Assessments. AAC Assessment are on hold until new SLP has been hired
LDA: Conference committee meets each month. 6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.
AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- Credit Builders Alliance was a success
- Accessibility issues
- We were thanked for our space
- Surprise panel appearance by Danny
- Natural and Declared Disasters
- Loans applications are still coming in
- August/September we will hear back regarding the ACL grant, thanks to all that helped with that!
- Upcoming: National Council for Independent Living (partially sponsored by disABILITY LINK) and FEMA community day (right after NCIL)
- Disasters with Liz: calls are now once a month for National Pass It On Center, but still weekly for PIDS and Getting It Right calls
Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)
- BEP Currency Reader
- IOT Tracking Azure Platform
TFL State Leadership Updates
Program, Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
- IDEAS Annual Conference
- IDEAS 2018 - Complete & Success!
- IDEAS 2019 - Sam & Liz have already started planning with GDOE
- ATIA 2019 Orlando - Proposals submitted! (Proposal acceptances will be announced in September.)
- Creating an Inclusive Emergency Planning Summit in Your State - Carolyn, Liz and Amy G. (State AT Programs)
- Self-Advocacy: Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned - Danny & Liz
- Increasing Assistive Technology Service Delivery Through Partnerships - Liz & Jessi Wright w/WVATS (State AT Programs)
- Creativity and Nontraditional Approaches to Enhancing Individuals Lives - Liz & Olivia Rains - TXATP
- Taking Your Assistive Technology Lab on the Road: Best Practices - Sam P, Rachel & Liz
- Emergency Management: Exploring and Maximizing Statewide and National Partnerships - Carolyn, Liz and Chris Brand (State AT Programs)
- AT Software Knowledge Base FIP w/CATEA - Sam P. and Karen Milchus
- AT for Notetaking - Martha, Rachel & Jessi Wright w/WVATS
- GVRA Manager and Supervisor Training on 6/22 - Complete & Success!
- GVRA New Hire Orientation on Tuesday July 10 - Liz lead w/Danny (anyone can join)
- ATOB Journal
- V11 Complete!
- V12: Tori has started working on organizing and checking articles - Carolyn & Tori lead
- Graphic Design - What are your needs? What materials would you like created? Think further out! - Annabel lead w/Liz
- Credit-Able - Training Logistics, Website deliverables
- Training team to catch up with Danny on presentations and outreach
- Annabel created financial education materials. Complete!
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - 1st planning meeting on July 27 (Liz & Tori lead)
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- GT CATEA TechSAge - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 5 year APR - Complete & Success!
- TechSAge 2 site visit on June 6 - Complete & Now we wait!
- Decision Tree Development
- Division of Aging Services (DAS) - Dementia Able
- Division of Aging Services (DAS) - DONR
- Todd has passed the torch on the Decision Tree algorithm
- May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype
- 2-4 focus groups coming up - Liz & Rachel lead
- ATAP (AT3) National Pass It On Center
- AT Reuse Activities:
- AT Reuse TA to State AT Programs: Ongoing - Liz lead
- CoP Subcommittees: Medicaid, IQ ATR, Knowledge Base - Carolyn, Trish, Liz (Almost done!)
- CoP Webinars: Next one is on Wednesday, July 11 - Marketing for AT Reuse Programs
- Disaster Relief Efforts
- Grant Proposal - CDC with PIDS & PIOC - funding during times of emergencies. Complete! - Carolyn & Liz lead
- Grant Proposal - CNCS (Corporation for National and Community Service) with PIDS and AUCD - 2018 Community Conversations Research - focuses on engaging communities in conversations about civic health using participatory research approaches (emergency/disaster relief). $200,000! Complete! - Carolyn & Liz lead
- AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM
- Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM
- Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
- National Pass It On Center
- AT Reuse Technical Assistance: Ongoing - Liz lead
- Reuse Locations Database maintenance
- FEMA ODIC Director - Monday July 9
- AT Reuse Activities:
- GT CATEA Workplace DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA FIP
- 2 focus groups @ ATIA 2018 (Complete!)
- Survey, Design Input
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- In DBHDD Contract
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL Action Items
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)