TFL Team Meeting - 07/03/2018
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.2 TFL Administration Updates
- 1.3 Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.4 Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.5 TFL Direct AT Services Updates
- 1.6 AT Access Updates (Martha)
- 1.7 AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
- 1.8 Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)
- 1.9 TFL State Leadership Updates
- 1.10 Program, Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
- 1.11 TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
- 1.12 TFL Action Items
- 1.13 Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- 1.14 Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics
Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- AMAC - Budget & Projections - PROGRESS!
- Goals 2018:
- 1. Ensure financial sustainability by diversifying revenue, *managing costs, and building a reserve.
- 2. Promote staff excellence by enhancing skill development through training and strengthening accountability.
- 3. Strengthen research contributions to advance academic and public engagement and enhance quality/trust in products and service.
- Effective Program Management
- Best Use of Time and Talents
- Outcome Oriented and Results Focused
TFL Administration Updates
- HR -
- Reorganization -
- Will Hire:
- 1-2 more Managers
- 1 Project Specialist/Research
- 1 Programmer
- Performance Reviews & Goals
- Updated your Progress Every month
- Save and Share your Kudos!
Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)
Grants & Contracts Updates!
- 1-5 year Strategy!
- FUNDED-AT Act 2017: P4 - do not use.
- FUNDED-AT Act 2018 - CR1 & CR2: AK Hope to Have Final Budget soon. Preseident Budget 2019 released.
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000: Budget Modification
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Moving Forward
- FUNDED - DEI: Do not charge to unless working on this.
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs
- FUNDED - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able: Wrapping up. Only Danny's time.
- FUNDED - GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA:
- FUNDED - GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000):
- FUNDED- Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - ATAP | $47k for for National Pass It On Center:
- FUNDED - GTC - PIOC from Portlight! $70k
- FUNDED - GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650: Wrapping up
Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- NPS 5 year funding
- RERC TechSAge 2: 5 year funding
- DRRP CATEA: 5 year funding
- HHS - DT
- CDFI CFII - Match
- GVRA 1-3 year funding
- NIDLIRR AbleData: 5 year funding
- RERC? AMAC Lead
- FIP AMAC Lead
- Increase State Funding
TFL Direct AT Services Updates
AT Access Updates (Martha)
- ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 417, Device Demo 1254, Device Reutilization 2115; TFL- Device Loans 77, Device Demo 182
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:
- 126 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week - Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys- Asha is compiling results (Sent in 90 responses on papaer) - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - Krista, Rachel, and Martha have made one trip to Gracewood. We are waiting to receive the AT Agreement forms to be returned; will follow-up this week - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit - Rachel and Martha working with Gracewood and TFL Training team in regards to 6 2 hour Disability 101 Trainings. One will be a recorded webinar. Looking at the week of July 23rd for the other 5 - Rachel and Martha looking at calendars for Savannah- Two Gracewood individuals have transitioned out there and there are 4/5 new DBHDD referrals in the Savannah area
- ) DEI
- Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI - Call with Rossany last Thursday; budget modification should be coming through soon - Would like to hire counselors in Atlanta and has asked for TFL Training June 22nd; Training on hold until they are able to hire
- ) National Parks
- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Brian is working with Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - Would like TFL to create 2 Universal Design Templates for physical and programmatic; these are on hold for now - Martha has weekly calls with Brian Cook - A survey list of questions and a draft strategic plan has been sent for him to review - Brian has asked for us to Review NPS projects for Accessibility- has not given us feedback on the one we sent yet on 5/29 - Brian has asked for an Accessibility Checklist- sent draft 5/29 and asked us to keep working on it - Rachel and Martha went to Cumberland Island and looked at accessibility
- ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. Danny and Martha are completing; asked John Rempel to check is referring for ICT accessibility on AWARE database was needed
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships - Are they all Members?
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment - Co
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
- ) Still have several requests for AT Evals and AAC Assessments. AAC Assessment are on hold until new SLP has been hired
AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- Credit Builders Alliance was a success
- Accessibility issues
- We were thanked for our space
- Surprise panel appearance by Danny
- Natural and Declared Disasters
- Loans applications are still coming in
- August/September we will hear back regarding the ACL grant, thanks to all that helped with that!
- Upcoming: National Council for Independent Living (partially sponsored by disABILITY LINK) and FEMA community day (right after NCIL)
- Disasters with Liz: calls are now once a month for National Pass It On Center, but still weekly for PIDS and Getting It Right calls
Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)
- IOT Tracking Azure Platform
- ATIA Proposals
TFL State Leadership Updates
Program, Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
- IDEAS Annual Conference
- IDEAS 2018 - Complete & Success!
- IDEAS 2019 - Sam & Liz have already started planning with GDOE
- ATIA 2019 Orlando - Proposals submitted! (Proposal acceptances will be announced in September.)
- Creating an Inclusive Emergency Planning Summit in Your State - Carolyn, Liz and Amy G. (State AT Programs)
- Self-Advocacy: Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned - Danny & Liz
- Increasing Assistive Technology Service Delivery Through Partnerships - Liz & Jessi Wright w/WVATS (State AT Programs)
- Creativity and Nontraditional Approaches to Enhancing Individuals Lives - Liz & Olivia Rains - TXATP
- Taking Your Assistive Technology Lab on the Road: Best Practices - Sam P, Rachel & Liz
- Emergency Management: Exploring and Maximizing Statewide and National Partnerships - Carolyn, Liz and Chris Brand (State AT Programs)
- AT Software Knowledge Base FIP w/CATEA - Sam P. and Karen Milchus
- AT for Notetaking - Martha, Rachel & Jessi Wright w/WVATS
- GVRA Manager and Supervisor Training on 6/22 - Complete & Success!
- GVRA New Hire Orientation on Tuesday July 10 - Liz lead w/Danny (anyone can join)
- ATOB Journal
- V11 Complete!
- V12: Tori has started working on organizing and checking articles - Carolyn & Tori lead
- Graphic Design - What are your needs? What materials would you like created? Think further out! - Annabel lead w/Liz
- Credit-Able - Training Logistics, Website deliverables
- Training team to catch up with Danny on presentations and outreach
- Annabel created financial education materials. Complete!
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - 1st planning meeting on July 27 (Liz & Tori lead)
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- GT CATEA TechSAge - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 5 year APR - Complete & Success!
- TechSAge 2 site visit on June 6 - Complete & Now we wait!
- Decision Tree Development
- Division of Aging Services (DAS) - Dementia Able
- Division of Aging Services (DAS) - DONR
- Todd has passed the torch on the Decision Tree algorithm
- May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype
- 2-4 focus groups coming up - Liz & Rachel lead
- ATAP (AT3) National Pass It On Center
- AT Reuse Activities:
- AT Reuse TA to State AT Programs: Ongoing - Liz lead
- CoP Subcommittees: Medicaid, IQ ATR, Knowledge Base - Carolyn, Trish, Liz (Almost done!)
- CoP Webinars: Next one is on Wednesday, July 11 - Marketing for AT Reuse Programs
- Disaster Relief Efforts
- Grant Proposal - CDC with PIDS & PIOC - funding during times of emergencies. Complete! - Carolyn & Liz lead
- Grant Proposal - CNCS (Corporation for National and Community Service) with PIDS and AUCD - 2018 Community Conversations Research - focuses on engaging communities in conversations about civic health using participatory research approaches (emergency/disaster relief). $200,000! Complete! - Carolyn & Liz lead
- AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM
- Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM
- Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
- National Pass It On Center
- AT Reuse Technical Assistance: Ongoing - Liz lead
- Reuse Locations Database maintenance
- FEMA ODIC Director - Monday July 9
- AT Reuse Activities:
- GT CATEA Workplace DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA FIP
- 2 focus groups @ ATIA 2018 (Complete!)
- Survey, Design Input
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- In DBHDD Contract
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL Action Items
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)