TFL Team Meeting - 10/5/2021
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)
- Hire Process: AT Acquisition Manager Position
- Hire Process: Program Support Spec. Sr. Position
- Cybersecurity Required Course
- Did you Complete Yours?
- TFL Professional Development:
- ACTION ITEM: Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
- Make sure these are correct - any October changes by 12 on Thursday.
- GaDOE FY21 - SOW Submitted Yesterday
- GVRA FY 22
- CDC Contract - NCE through Sept. 30, 2022. (Updates, ATOB, UNC Research & Dissemination of Videos)
- HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS - 5 Yr. $2.5 Million
- AT Team
- AT3 - $50K - (May-August 31)
- Georgia Division of Aging (DAS) - CARES Act - (Nov. 2021 - End Sept. 30, 2022!)
- 3 Yr HHS DRRP - AT Database - $1.5 Million - Meeting with partners from all over US.
- Wireless RERC - NCE - 2 Videos
- GaDOE Year 3: Early Development
- TFL Strategic Planning - Focused Sessions
- Direct Services - Martha (October 18th - 2-4 PM)
- AAC Lab - DeeDee (October 25th 3-4:30 PM)
- AT Considerations - Gina (November)
- Leadership & Training - Liz (October 19th - 2-4 PM)
- TFL Research - Ben (November)
- TFL into CIDI S&E Research - Zerrin (December)
- Wrap Up & Action Items - CP (December & January 2022)
Complete!! CDC/F Trainings & Activities (Carolyn)
- 1,683,224 Served!
- 1,683,224 is the total number of people who received direct, tangible information and assistance via project work that is supportable with project data!
- Way to Go, Team!!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Videos
- ACTION ITEM:
- Please, help spread the word regarding our 5 Vaccine videos & 1 ASL Video - Thank you, Raminta, Norah & Liz!!!
- ATOB! v16.2
- A special issue of Assistive Technology Outcomes and Benefits/Accessible Public Health Materials During a Pandemic: Lessons Learned from COVID-19 (Issue 16 Part 2) will be devoted to this project and the issues it addressed. Submitted manuscripts from our project team and/or about the project:
- "Include Me": Implementing Inclusive and Accessible Communications in Public
- Access for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals in Informational and Educational Remote Sessions
- Technology for a Pandemic: Apps for Safety and Independence
- Minimizing the Complexity of Public Health Documents: Making COVID-19 Documents Accessible to Individuals Who Read Below the Third-Grade Level
- Building an Effective Model to Disseminate Accessible COVID-19 Guidance
- The Importance of Braille during a Pandemic and Beyond
- Creating Accessible Infographics: Describing Scientific Data in Ways Everyone Can Understand
- A Needs Assessment of COVID-19 Guidance for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Inclusive Design Thinking for Health Messaging in American Sign Language during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Case Study Brief
- Closing the Information Gap: Making COVID-19 Information Accessible for People with Disabilities
- American Public Health Conference Presentation - CP
- AUCD Presentation - Liz & CP
TFL AT Acquisition Updates
- Credit-Able - to FODAC!!
- Physical files will still remain in Danny's office
- Credit-Able applications are on hold
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal
- ATOB Vol. 16(1) - AT Services During & After the Covid-19 Pandemic
- ATOB Vol. 16(2) - Public Health: feature our work on CDC Project
- Guest Editor, Mark Harniss, U. Washington
- Peer Reviews are in process
Mastery of Assistive Technology (MoAT)
- Preparing to submit for GTRI Seed Grant (focus on MoAT K12)
- MoAT presentation accepted at GA EdTech Conference (ATL, Nov 3-5)
- MoAT presentation accepted at ATIA (Orlando, Jan 27th)
- Team is preparing for an additional focus group on Mental Health Accommodations
- Developing a focus group plan to discuss changes in retail settings since COVID-19
- Preparing a late October webinar on "Inclusion & Participation in the Workplace"
- Speakers: Karen, Sarah & Ben
- Overview of Work ACCESS
- Accommodations / considerations for common spaces & communication
- Beginning the process of mapping categories of AT from the AbleData database to the ISO 9999 classifications
- Team has been exploring how to leverage evaluations done by TFL to help "seed" database
- Dee Dee & Ben have proposed a template with levels at which eval data might be accessed.
- Also looking for PowerPoint presentations and papers to include in the database.
Inclusive Tech Entrepreneurship Program (ITEP)
- Business Coaching under Joy Harris supervision is completed
- Final event will be scheduled for early November
- Working with the New America Foundation for the annual conference
- Experiences of Students with Visual Impairments with Tactile Graphics in STEM Courses: Critical Interpretative Synthesis
- Continuing my meetings with Dr. DeStefano
- I completed SLR training
- Have been working with the project team to develop protocols for the focus group
- Will join two sessions as a note taker and one session as a moderator
- Working with Ben, Martha, and Carolyn
FY21 Seed Grant Program
- We will be applying for the Oct cycle
TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)
- Tools for Life
- Data Reminder: Don't forget to enter in your public awareness and I & A data. Include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- TFL Policy and Procedures - Keep going! Follow up in late October.
- Webinar archives - Are any of yours missing? - Tori continues to update and organize and will be reaching out
- TFL Website, wiki - Liz, Kayla, Tori and Shaina - Soon!
- Training plan - host more virtually - we're doing it!
- ARC Disability 101
- Cobb Co presentation
- GCDD Accessibility Grant - Universal Design for Learning and Plain Language
- June to September 2021 - $13,000
- Liz, Norah, Tori (Carolyn and Trish support)
- Met with GCDD team to start plan for trainings and creating the plain language guide
- Credits - Training Team
- CEU's - Continuing Education Units approved and distributed by the AAC Institute
- CRC's - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Credits approved and distributed by the Commissioner Rehabilitation Counselor Certification or CRCC
- All applications must be submitted no later than 30 days before the live event.
- CDC/CDC Foundation - Carolyn-PI, Liz-Co-PI, Norah - Content Creator and Manager, Trish-Project Support
- COVID-19 Accessible Materials for Individuals with Disabilities
- CDC trainings are done!
- Preparing for final meeting on 9/30 - need help to collect quotes/testimonials
- Working on archiving the project
- Microsite will run through 2022
- Will still collect monthly analytics
- Social Media - Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. for posting to Tori
- Graphic Design Projects - Kayla
- ATAP (AT3) - AT Reuse Activities, AT Database - Carolyn, Liz, Trish(support)
- Webinar - Completed!
- TechSAge 2 RERC - Training and Outreach Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more. - Carolyn and Liz
- Webinars - WORK ACCESS series; Wired Wednesdays
- Wireless RERC - Training and TA - Outreach & Public Awareness - Carolyn, Liz
- Extension and funding for video work
- Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase - Focus groups, trainings, webinars - Carolyn, Liz, Tori, Rachel, Sarah, Ben
TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)
- Year 3 Statement of Work GaDOE has been submitted
- Next State Board of Education meeting is November
- Continuing current K-12 deliverables
- Loan Requests
- Ordered & received some new equipment for loans based on requests
- schedule a time to go in and be sure we know how to use the equipment before loaning
- be sure all equipment is inventoried and clearly labeled
- discuss "marketing" plan - most is specialized equipment (FM system, portable, classroom soundfield system, etc.)
- target particular groups to let them know about the new equipment so we don't create a backlog of requests
- Texthelp – November 16, 2021 – Texthelp Master Class @ CIDI (in person)
GVRA Project (Ben)
Team & Project Plan
- Ben has met with Matthew Blake - planning for:
- GVRA Portal
- Monthly report automation
- Now working on September Report
- Planning to meet with GVRA Transition team in October to discuss:
- "Pilot within Pilot" to model reporting for K-12 Districts
- Plans to incorporate IPSE programs into project
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)
- Device Demo 10/1/ 20- Present All Centers 136
- Device Demos 10/1/20- Present TFL 25
- Device Loans 10/1/20- Present All Centers 188
- Device Loans 10/1/20- Present TFL 76
- Device Reutilization 4677
- Wired Wednesdays- Ciara is working on October- It will be about the new features in the C-Pens. WATAP will be covering November and December.
- AT Lab- thank you to everyone who helped! Items on the 2nd floor have been organized. Worked with IT and things that no longer work will need to be surplused. Charlie has the form for that and can assist. Drawers are labeled with items and will be added onto an online word doc in the AT Lab channel on TEAMS. There is also another document for items needed for the lab (this is not AT equipment)
- Have added serval new AT items for voice amplification and FM system
- Met with Carolyn and IT team in regards to the SRI/TFL database- looking for solutions to make the database be more automatic and efficient
- Rachel, Martha, Sal presenting Chattahoochee OTA class on October 14th
- Adam Palmer has been rescheduled to October 25th- please let me know what you would like to see https://www.palmervision.com/
- working in several demos for DOE and parents that have contacted us
AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)
- State Agency ADA Coordinators' Virtual Networking Event (Sept. 29th)
- Technical assistance provided to state agencies
- Shepherd Center
- Web Accessibility Evaluation completed
- Technical assistance to follow
- In process of lining up six trainings on disability awareness and digital accessibility
- UDOIT Tool Evaluation for Brightspace LMS
- evaluation underway
- 74K Contract approved
- 2 of 19 trainings being tentatively scheduled Nov. 2 and Nov. 10 on topics related to disability awareness
- A11y evaluation of NLM website
- A11y evaluation of Moodle LMS
- Technical assistance
- Request from ASTHO
- Trainings on Disability Awareness Digital A11y
- JCC Chicago
- SoW pending
- Web a11y evaluation and technical assistance requested
- awaiting testing environment
- UX Initiatives
- Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
- Aging Well Access
- Dementia Access
- Washington AT Access
- AT Network
- AT3 AT Access
- Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
- Shepherd Center
AAC Programs (DeeDee)
- Setting up AAC Lab laptop
- Display devices have been set up and labeling begun
Display materials planned:
- Device information
- Posters/handouts on elements of AAC and Access (i.e., types of AAC devices, core words, switches, scanning access, etc.)
- Handouts on implementation strategies, product information
- Information on access from Pittsburg AAC Language Seminar - Karen Kangas
- Model as a MASTER PAL for communication partner training
- Considering list of training resources
Kennesaw University UD Lab
- Initial visit completed 8/24/21
- Classification of apps by educational vs AT completed
- Review of equipment updates begun
- Training webinars and video production planning begun
Action Items & Follow Up
- University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Stay tuned for Your other GT Compliances!
- Watch Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
- TFL Website Planning Party! Solutions Oriented!