TFL Team Meeting - 11/06/18
TFL Mission: Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 12 mins.
ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site
- Volume 12 is in final proof/production (expected release in Oct/Nov 2018)
- Volume 13 submissions are in
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Troup has provided TFL a form for permission to do research - in process.
- IRB Protocol has been submitted (Revisions requested)
- Working with new administration in Troup County (Waiting on letter of agreement)
- Reworking schedule for 2nd semester (delays in tech installs)
In DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program and Outreach Updates (Liz) - 12 mins.
|FY 17-18: 10/01/2017 - 09/30/2018||Tools for Life||All Centers||FY 18-19: 10/01/2018 - Present||Tools for Life||All Centers|
|Information and Assistance||4||4|
- What Happened - Completed!
- 10/19 - GVRA Emerging Managers & Supervisors Training - Martha, Asha
- 10/19 - GVRA E3 Video Review - Sam lead
- 10/24 - GSU Masters in Rehab Counseling guest lecture - Liz, Ben, Asha
- 10/31 - AMAC Halloween Party! Congratulations to all the best costume winners :-)
- GVRA Leadership Summit - rescheduled to November 26-28 (Liz, Ben J, Sam)
- 11/15 or 19 - GVRA Employment First Council Meeting - still finalizing details - Liz & Tori lead
- ATOB Journal v12 - Almost done!(Carolyn & Tori)
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - December 12 (Liz, Tori and Rachel lead)
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- AT and DME Reuse Activities
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts:
- AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
- Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
- Portal requests and submissions - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
- Upcoming membership calls: November 21 and December 19
- GT CATEA UD DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
- GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
- Important Reminders!
- 800 line and incoming emails - Tori lead w/team support
- Open Enrollment! Deadline is this Friday 11/9
- Wednesday 11/7 - RAC DSP Fall Meeting (Martha in Lab, Danny lead tour, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics with Carolyn)
- Friday 11/9 & Saturday 11/10 - Deaf Blind Technology Symposium (Carolyn will bring greetings, Danny will provide a one hour presentation from AMAC, 2 small group tours up to Lab, vendors will have tables, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics)
- Saturday 11/10 - MDA Family Day - Liz, Ben, Ciara
- TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
- Wiki PPT Submission
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 12 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- FY18 Summary: 84 loans processed (70 approved, 12 denied, 2 withdrawn). $287,158.75 lent. 118 active consumers totaling $350,537. 13 direct loans PIF, 8 charge offs ($19,182.55).
- October- 6 applications processed (6 approved), total of $21,200 lent
- 3 charge offs totaling $2,384
- 119 active loans with principle totaling $371,290
- Met with Regions, they will be sending some paperwork over for Mike to send to CFII board
- Proposed guarantee loan program based on our criteria for Credit-Able
- I'm hunting for money for Credit-Able, as always. Help our poor program so I don't have to go sell pudding down by the docks.
- Ben and Danny are actively working on a redesign and update of the lab, Ben has great ideas for the mobile labs that will be implemented
- Ben is taking the lead on working with FODAC on their lab
- DBHDD orders have been placed. There was either an error with QBO e-mailing or Jim at CADAN just didn't see the PO come through, procedures have been put in place to prevent this from happening again.
- Georgia Resources Presentation is in the works. It will be long. It will be informative. It will be mandatory.
- APRIL officially reached out last week to get quotes on an accessible program, checking the 30+ presentations for accessibility and a webinar/presentation on accessible documents
- Colorado flaked out on AT lab at APRIL this year, I will be leading the AT labs going forward and trying to connect with the local ATAP for support
- Shoutout to Ben J for being a huge help with helping with lab re-design and some of the duties that were inherited from Asha
- Kudros to the event planning committee for an awesome Halloween (Liz, Sam, Rachel from TFL)
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.
- Azure Device Tracking Deployment
- Google Hardware Announcements
- Google Home Hub
- Techsage 2 Meeting Tomorrow
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 12 mins.
- ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
|Fiscal Year 2017-2018||Tools for Life||All Centers|
- Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)
- 161 Referred; 20 are Belton participants and will not be eligible for the research program or equipment; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
- 2 participants are requiring reports and extra time
- Cancelled trip in October to south Ga due to hurricane and will be rescheduling
- New monthly report formatting
- November 13th will be presenting to DBHDD on Updates and Research
- November 14-15 will be in Augusta area to complete assessments for both DBHDD and Gracewood
- Gloria Jackson-McLean, the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD- in regards to those wanting to work we must refer back to the PLA that did the referral to start the paperwork
- Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | Gracewood
- Two trainings scheduled November 14th (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports)
- Finishing up 4 reports this week of those who have transitioned out
- Still working on the list of individuals with Gracewood
- ) DEI
- Working on a contract extension and budget modification to include the purchase of equipment
- Have heard there are 20 individuals that need to be seen but have referred 2
- Reports will need to be written for these individuals to approve the equipment before purchase
- ) National Parks
- Working on contract extension and Year 2 funding
- July- October report was sent last week
- Completed both MLK and CHAT observations of the reVAMP tool
- will do a follow-up with Jeremy Buzzell this week
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) |
- Rachel and Martha presented to ADRC Staff last Thursday- DAS would like for more individuals to be referred to TFL for assessments
- ) Other Items
- Still have several requests for AT Evals.
- DeeDee and Martha are working together on TFL policies with AAC
- Ben is working on 7 school assessments?
- LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Conference call with OK AT Program yesterday and they will be assisting us in the lab this year!
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.
- OneNote Demo
- Carolyn's 2nd floor office / flex space - calendar protocol