Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 12/7/2021"

From Tools For Life
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 296: Line 296:


'''TFL AppFinder:'''
'''TFL AppFinder:'''
* Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout - Jerel is waiting for OIT to set up his account to receive permissions in order to set service accounts for TFL team
* Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout - new iMac has been set up in the TFL bay and some team members have been given access. We are waiting for training to be set up with Jerel and OIT in order to learn how to add devices and use Jamf
* Highlight 1-3 New Apps in Appfinder - no new apps, but has been updated to include communication apps that we use often
 


'''TFL Lab:'''
'''TFL Lab:'''

Revision as of 09:41, 7 December 2021

Agenda

Action Items & Follow Up

  1. University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.
  2. GT Compliances - Nov. 19th!
  3. Watch SMART Goals:

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.


TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

  • GT|HR
    • Hire Process: AT Acquisition Manager Position
    • Hire Process: Program Support Spec. Sr. Position
  • GT Vaccination Mandate
    • Jan. 4th
  • 2021 Draft Performance Evaluations, Self-Assessment & 2022 Goals
    • Were due December 3rd - Thank you!
  • CIDI Holiday Party! Dec. 15th + White Elephant Gift Exchange"
  • Jon moving to GSU OT Program. TS2 will stay!
  • Need help with TS2 Design Competition in 2022.
    • ACTION ITEM:
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!
  • TFL Professional Development:
    • "Interruption Podcast: We believe that there is a magical space between an incident and our reaction to that occurrence. We call that space — that time in between — our Interruption. Join Workplace Learning & Professional Development, Georgia Tech's dedicated team for faculty and staff development, as they routinely grapple with the big questions that we all think about but too often hesitate to ask."
    • https://pe.gatech.edu/wlpd/interruptions
  • GT Partnerships
  • AccessCORPS
  • ABLE Alliance
  • Design Access
  • Allocations
    • Make sure these are correct
  • Projects:
  • GaDOE FY21 - Gina, Eric & I are presenting to College of Design Leadership. Contract moving.
  • GVRA FY 22
  • CDC Contract - NCE through Sept. 30, 2022. (Updates, ATOB, UNC Research & Dissemination of Videos)
  • HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS - 5 Yr. $2.5 Million
    • Presentation to HHS | ACL December 15th.
    • AT Team
  • AT3 - $50K - (May-August 31)
  • Georgia Division of Aging (DAS) - CARES Act - (Nov. 2021 - End Sept. 30, 2022!)
  • 3 Yr HHS DRRP - AT Database - $1.5 Million - Meeting with partners from all over US.
  • Wireless RERC - NCE - 2 Videos - Almost finished!
  • Proposals:
    • NSF - Transportation & Accessibility (GT Partners)
  • TFL Strategic Planning - Focused Sessions
  • Completed:
    • TFL Overview - CP
    • TFL Policy - CP
    • AT Acquisition (Part 1) - CP
    • Direct Services - Martha (October 18th - 2-4 PM)
    • AAC Lab - DeeDee (October 25th 3-4:30 PM) - Thank you, DeeDee & to everyone for Participating!
    • Leadership & Training - Liz (October 19th - 2-4 PM) - Thank you, Liz & to everyone for Participating!
  • Upcoming:
    • AT Considerations - Gina (November)
    • TFL Research - Ben (November)
    • TFL into CIDI S&E Research - Zerrin (Feb. 2022)
    • Wrap Up & Action Items - CP (March 2022)
  • AT Minute!

Complete!! CDC/F Trainings & Activities (Carolyn)

  • 1,683,224 Served!
    • 1,683,224 is the total number of people who received direct, tangible information and assistance via project work that is supportable with project data!
    • Way to Go, Team!!
  • COVID-19 Vaccine Videos
  • ACTION ITEM:
    • Please, help spread the word regarding our 5 Vaccine videos & 1 ASL Video - Thank you, Raminta, Norah & Liz!!!
  • ATOB! v16.2
    • A special issue of Assistive Technology Outcomes and Benefits/Accessible Public Health Materials During a Pandemic: Lessons Learned from COVID-19 (Issue 16 Part 2) will be devoted to this project and the issues it addressed. Submitted manuscripts from our project team and/or about the project:
  1. "Include Me": Implementing Inclusive and Accessible Communications in Public
  2. Access for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals in Informational and Educational Remote Sessions
  3. Technology for a Pandemic: Apps for Safety and Independence
  4. Minimizing the Complexity of Public Health Documents: Making COVID-19 Documents Accessible to Individuals Who Read Below the Third-Grade Level
  5. Building an Effective Model to Disseminate Accessible COVID-19 Guidance
  6. The Importance of Braille during a Pandemic and Beyond
  7. Creating Accessible Infographics: Describing Scientific Data in Ways Everyone Can Understand
  8. A Needs Assessment of COVID-19 Guidance for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
  9. Inclusive Design Thinking for Health Messaging in American Sign Language during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Case Study Brief
  10. Closing the Information Gap: Making COVID-19 Information Accessible for People with Disabilities
  • American Public Health Conference Presentation - CP
  • AUCD Presentation - Liz & CP

TFL AT Acquisition Updates

Transition

  1. Credit-Able - to FODAC!!
  2. Physical files will still remain in Danny's office

Credit-Able

  1. Credit-Able applications are on hold

TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)

Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal

  • ATOB Vol. 16(1) - AT Services During & After the Covid-19 Pandemic
  • ATOB Vol. 16(2) - Public Health: feature our work on CDC Project
    • Guest Editor, Mark Harniss, U. Washington
    • Peer Reviews are in process
    • Editing for final approval/publication

Mastery of Assistive Technology (MoAT)

  • Research Proposals
    • Submitted Mastery of AT & K-12 Education GTRI Seed Grant
    • Preparing Field Initiated Proposal for NIDILRR on MoAT & workplace (due in January)
  • MoAT Continuum of AT Mastery Assessment Tool (CATM) presentations
    • Presentation Nov 4 at GA EdTech Conference - was very well received
    • Presentation scheduled at ATIA (Orlando, Jan 27th)
    • Invited to present virtually at monthly SLATE (State Leaders of Assistive Technology in Education) next Wed., Dec 15

Work ACCESS

  • Presented a webinar on "Inclusion & Participation in the Workplace" - Nov. 17th
  • Team is preparing focus groups on Mental Health Accommodations and Changes in Retail Settings/Accommodations at ATIA

AT Network

  • Beginning the process of mapping categories of AT from the AbleData database to the ISO 9999 classifications
  • Team has been exploring how to leverage evaluations done by TFL to help "seed" database
    • Dee Dee & Ben have proposed a template with levels at which eval data might be accessed.
    • Also looking for PowerPoint presentations and papers to include in the database.

Inclusive Tech Entrepreneurship Program (ITEP)

  • Business Coaching under Joy Harris supervision is completed
  • Final event will be scheduled for early November
  • Working with the New America Foundation for the annual conference

NSF Project

  • Experiences of Students with Visual Impairments with Tactile Graphics in STEM Courses: Critical Interpretative Synthesis
  • Continuing my meetings with Dr. DeStefano
  • I completed SLR training

ACCESS Projects

  • Have been working with the project team to develop protocols for the focus group
  • Will join two sessions as a note taker and one session as a moderator

GVRA

  • Working with Ben, Martha, and Carolyn

FY21 Seed Grant Program

  • We will be applying for the Oct cycle
  • Zerrin's New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)

  • Tools for Life
    • Data Reminder: Don't forget to enter in your public awareness and I & A data. Include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
    • No TFL Advisory Council meeting on 12/16. We are required to host 3 meetings in a year and we have fulfilled that this year.
    • TFL Policy and Procedures - More info in 2022.
    • Webinar archives - Are any of yours missing? Let Tori (cc: Liz & Kayla) know by Monday 12/13
    • TFL Website, wiki (discuss process) - Liz, Kayla, Tori, Shaina, Trish (support)
    • Training plan - host more virtually - we're doing it!
  • GCDD Accessibility Grant - UDL and Plain Language - Completed!
  • Credits - Training Team
    • CEU's - Continuing Education Units approved and distributed by the AAC Institute
    • CRC's - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Credits approved and distributed by the Commissioner Rehabilitation Counselor Certification or CRCC
      • All applications must be submitted no later than 30 days before the live event.
  • CDC/CDC Foundation - Carolyn-PI, Liz-Co-PI, Norah - Content Creator and Manager, Trish-Project Support, COVID-19 Accessible Materials for Individuals with Disabilities - COMPLETE!
    • Working on archiving the project - Teams and Dropbox
    • Microsite maintenance will run through 2022 - Norah lead
    • Will still collect monthly analytics - Tori lead
  • ATAP (AT3) - AT Reuse Activities, AT Database - Carolyn, Liz, Trish(support)
  • TechSAge 2 RERC - Training and Outreach RERC TechSAge website. - Carolyn and Liz
    • Discussions on Design Competition
  • Webinars - WORK ACCESS series; Wired Wednesdays
  • Wireless RERC - Training and TA - Outreach & Public Awareness - Carolyn, Norah, Raminta, Liz
    • 1. Making virtual meetings more accessible in emergencies, and
    • 2. How to minimize the text complexity in messaging
  • Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase - Focus groups, trainings, webinars - Tori
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend! - NMD United - Connecting Adults Living with Neuromuscular Disabilities. A 501(c)(3) that serves adults living with a variety of NMD through peer connections, education, independent living grants, and much more. (https://www.nmdunited.org/ NMD United website)

Tori's Updates

  • Social Media - Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. for posting to Tori
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Kayla's Updates

  • Graphic Design Projects*
  • Reach out for any future graphic design assistance/projects or questions. *

Raminta's Updates

  • Video Projects
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)

K-12 Updates

  • State Board of Education approved the FY22 DOE Statement of Work
    • Contract is in process of development and will have to be signed by both agencies
      • there is an expansion of deliverables that will be discussed in more detail later as we continue to move through the process
      • FY 22 does not include videos or webinars
    • For now, continuing current K-12 deliverables
    • Received two new collaboration requests Friday – both are AAC with access issues
    • we are continuing to get a lot “loose” requests for DOE

***either being redirected to the AT Portal

Norah's Updates

  • Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

GVRA Project (Ben)

Team & Project Plan

  • November Report is being compiled and analyzed
  • Billing for 1st Quarter of project is complete
    • Programmatic data was synced to match invoicing
  • Ben: ongoing meetings with Matthew Blake/ IT Team - planning for:
    • GVRA Portal / Service Portal (conceptualizing sync with AT Partnership project requirements)
    • Monthly report automation (reporting dashboard in place)
    • Incorporation of IPSE programs into NEON system (accessible ~ January 15th)

GVRA Updates

  • We have 3 GVRA Transition Work Groups at work on "pilots within the pilot":
    • Pilot to develop a model for reporting software usage of GVRA clients in K-12 Districts - Martha & Ben
    • Incorporation of IPSE programs into project. (1st 3: Ga Tech, Ga State, Ga Southern) Martha & Ben
    • A pilot study of usage of Equati0 at Post-Secondary Level - Zerrin & Ben
      • Ciara is helping us address training needs
  • A 4th Work Group is preparing the surveys of AT knowledge & understanding of the larger GVRA staff - Zerrin
  • Looking to do a data sharing arrangement/ agreement - Ben
    • Help populate NEON with required GVRA data
    • Make reporting more robust & meaningful

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

  • Wired Wednesdays- last one of the year! Brando Conrad with Matchware will be our guest speaker on Dec 8th
  • AT Lab- we are continuing to work on this- it is looking great, still need help with a few more items that need to be barcoded and put up, labeling drawers and cabinets, and adding location. Sal is working on a script for the tour.
  • Reading Progress Demo with Microsoft Teams- for educators- super cool way that students and teachers can see progress
  • DeeDee, Rachel, and Martha worked on technical assistance with social worker and family on quality of life and communication
  • Working on some AT loans
  • Working with several individuals on providing resources and information about AT.
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NilBP_YwXDw - Microsoft Teams Reading Progress for Educators

Ciara's Updates

TFL Data:

  • Device Demo Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 6
    • Device Demo for FY21: 137
    • Device Demo for FY20: 478
    • Device Demo for FY19: 1029
  • Device Demos Oct. FY22- Present TFL: 0
    • Device Demo for FY21: 25
    • Device Demo for FY20: 79
    • Device Demo for FY19: 185
  • Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 10
    • Device Loans for FY21: 189
    • Device Loans for FY20: 258
    • Device Loans for FY19: 634
  • Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present TFL: 4
    • Device Loans for FY21: 76
    • Device Loans for FY20: 94
    • Device Loans for FY19: 352
  • Device Reutilization Oct. FY22 - 8
    • Device Reutilization for FY21: 4678
    • Device Reutilization for FY20: 4333
    • Device Reutilization for FY19: 7266

TFL AppFinder:

  • Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout - new iMac has been set up in the TFL bay and some team members have been given access. We are waiting for training to be set up with Jerel and OIT in order to learn how to add devices and use Jamf


TFL Lab:

  • "How to Guides" Updates - There is a new folder under the TFL Direct Services channel on Teams where Cheat Sheets & How To Guides exists. There are different assistive technology categories. DeeDee & I met with Valerie to discuss the accessibility of the cheat sheets, she has offered to give the TFL team a refresher training on PDF & Word Doc accessibility if we are interested.
  • New AT for Lab Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Sal's Updates

  • Aging Committees Updates
    • Who
    • What
  • Outreach & Trainings Updates
    • Upcoming
  • AT Lab - Organization Updates
    • New AT
    • Ideas

New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Rachel's Updates

  • TFL AT Awareness for Dementia & Isolation Update
  • Interactive AT Lab Reassessed current inventory for AT related to dementia and isolation while in the office last week. Updated “wish list” of new and innovative AT to add to the AT Lab.
  • DAS Contract
    • Updates: Awaiting the extension for the Cares Act project. Hopefully, we will be able to resume in November.

Culture Change Network of Georgia is hosting a CCNG Rally this Thursday from 10-11:30. This is a virtual event that is typically an annual Summit. The intent is to "Come together for a common action or effort". Stakeholders across Ga will update progress for Person-Centered Care especially related to Dementia. Recently awarded a new grant along with GSU/CMP. Changing public policies and educating care providers caring for elders especially in nursing home settings are top priorities of grant. TFL will share updates with those in attendance.

  • Updates•

Continuing to advance the Work Access project. Last week, held a Focus Group with Mental Health in the workplace as the main area of focus Colleagues continue to reach out on a regular basis with specific challenges and features that are needed in AT. Ex- AT for medical use at home with audible output and ease of use with 1 hand/arm.

  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

A great resource for information related to technology and seniors: https://www.techenhancedlife.com/hub/useful-apps-older-adults-seniors-boomers

Sarah's Updates

  • ACCESS Updates & Focus Groups
  • GT DSP Office Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)

  • AccessGA
    • Technical assistance provided to state agencies
    • GA Dept. of Economic Development
  • Fee-for-Service
    • Shepherd Center (first of six trainings beginning Nov. 9th
      • Web Accessibility Evaluation completed
      • Follow-up Technical Assistance
    • UDOIT Tool Evaluation for LMS in progress
      • evaluation to be completed by end of month
    • BLH/NLM
      • 2 of 19 trainings scheduled Nov. 2 and Nov. 10 on topics related to disability awareness
      • A11y evaluation of NLM website
      • A11y evaluation of Moodle LMS
      • Technical assistance
    • Request from ASTHO
      • Trainings on Disability Awareness and Digital A11y
    • DBHDD
      • opioid overdose reporting app
    • JCC Chicago
      • SoW pending
      • Web a11y evaluation and technical assistance requested
      • awaiting testing environment
    • UX Initiatives
      • Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
        • Aging Well Access
        • Dementia Access
        • Washington AT Access
        • AT Network
        • AT3 AT Access

AAC Programs (DeeDee)

  • Display devices have been set up and labeling begun
  • AAC materials from DBHDD lab moved upstairs - getting organized

Display materials planned:

  • Device information
  • Posters/handouts on elements of AAC and Access (i.e., types of AAC devices, core words, switches, scanning access, etc.)
  • Handouts on implementation strategies, product information
  • Information on access from Pittsburg AAC Language Seminar - Karen Kangas
  • Model as a MASTER PAL for communication partner training
  • Considering list of training resources

Kennesaw University UD Lab

  • Initial visit completed 8/24/21
  • Classification of apps by educational vs AT completed
  • Review of equipment updates completed
  • Need to write report
  • Training webinars planning begun (Microsoft Accessibility/Chromebook Accessibility)
  • need to reach out to Chris regarding status of videos

AAC Curriculum

  • Review of online courses completed
  • Analysis of course content begun
  • Basic framework of Curriculum begin

Action Items & Follow Up

  1. ALL: Who can help? TS2 Design Competition in 2022.
  2. ALL:
    • "Interruption Podcast: We believe that there is a magical space between an incident and our reaction to that occurrence. We call that space — that time in between — our Interruption. Join Workplace Learning & Professional Development, Georgia Tech's dedicated team for faculty and staff development, as they routinely grapple with the big questions that we all think about but too often hesitate to ask."
    • https://pe.gatech.edu/wlpd/interruptions