TFL Team Meeting - 6/2/2020
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)
- Check In -
- ADA Celebration - Ideas & Help!
- HR Plan/Return to work - Questions?
- TFL Advisory Council
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal
- Volume 14 to be released this week! Credit to Tori for her perseverence!
- Volume 15 submissions deadline extended to July 13th.
- TFL (Vol 15) Article on DBHDD Project
- being read through by team.
- suggestions & revisions to Ben by COB Friday(6/19).
What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew About Their Literacy Experiences Project:
- Final draft of report in works
- Due June 30
Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project):
- Liz & CP - Working on Telework
- Wrapping up first round of Tasks:
- proofing, short descriptions, validation, tagging & mapping to decision tree, etc.)
- functioning model due late summer/ early fall.
- Annabel is helping with visual design for interface
Mastery of Assistive Technology (MoAT) Small Bets project kicks off July 1st.
- IRB: protocol ready to submit
- In search of AT "power users" to serve as panelists
Research proposal successfully submitted:
- DRRP (NIDILRR) with Maureen
In the works: ePortfolios Project
- 5 year, National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER) Grant
- To study the impact of:
- digital portfolios upon student leadership of their IEPs
- long term impact of ePortfolios on transition success (graduation, employment, education, independent living)
- Industry partner: Cognitopia
Other Decision Trees/Algorithm Projects:
- Aging - Decision Tree Project (Washington State)
TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)
- Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- Amazon Video Project
- CDC Proposal
- Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
- TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam
- Wiki PPT submissions - Tori
- Online learning updates - helpful?
- policy and procedures
- advisory council
- demonstration tuesdays with danny
- wired wednesdays
- at3 videos
- techsage report and activities
- ot meeting on 6/15
- Ongoing Projects
- ATAP (AT3)
- 2020 contract is in place - webinars, etext remediation
- AT Reuse Activities
- Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase
- Carolyn and Liz, - Telework
- TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- Carolyn, Liz
- Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more.
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- Submitting to the Technology and Disability Policy Highlights (TDPH)
TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)
- K-12 Contract – Statement of Work (SOW)
- Contract here at GaTech for review, need signatures of both institutions
- Timelines are January 2020 – December 2020
- Components of this contract include:
- Customized, mini AT Training Videos (3-7 minutes each) – 5 videos
- Assistive Technology (AT Consultation Services) – portal to log services and track time
- Assistive Technology Webinar Series – supporting a series that has already been scheduled and marketed
- AT/UDL Software Pilot Program – software for reading, writing & math, possibly accommodation assessment
- Assistive Technology Lending Library
- Discovery Surveys
- EdTrade, Georgia Assistive Technology School Swap Database
- Strategic Roadmaps for future development and operation of
- Expanded UDL/AT Software package
- E-Text delivery program
- District membership for CIDI/TFL services
- K-12 Contract – Statement of Work (SOW)
- K-12 Referrals
- Slow and steady scheduling referrals; Thomaston-Upson County currently in works
- Regularly getting requests for new evaluations; moving towards demonstrations
- K-12 Referrals
- Georgia School for the Deaf Contract
- AAC Assessment Complete
- Two Trainings
- waiting on feedback for GSD for feedback on training dates and content
- Metro AT Consortia
- last meeting March 11, 2020
- started offering virtual meeting option which has been well received, requests to record when presentations are being made for future reference and redelivery
- requesting a tour for the last meeting; coordinate details
- AAC Camp – continued discussions, two day camp, location TBD, time TBD, cost TBD
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)
- Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 262
- Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 70
- Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 171
- Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 80
- Device Reutilization 2453
- Wired Wednesdays are going great! Next on will be this Wednesday and Naomi from WATAP will be presenting. We do need people to sign up for July and August
- Updating the TFL Equipment Database- Ciara
- Had meeting with Karen Nelson and Jenny Coiner with DAS in regards to upcoming funds. Will be able to purchase equipment (up to $1000)for 39 people- 3 individuals in each AAA district. AAA will also have money to purchase equipment. Will get referrals from them as well.
- Met with Kyle Haney with Farm Again on possible AT solutions for Farmers. He stated they are seeing more individuals who have a form of Learning Disability. Would like to work with us on loaning equipment
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
- New focus!
- Telework loans!