TFL Team Meeting - 7/7/2020
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)
- Check In -
- ADA Celebration - Ideas & Help!
- HR Plan/Return to work - Questions?
- TFL Advisory Council
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal
- Volume 14 to be released this week! Credit to Tori for her perseverence!
- Volume 15 submissions deadline extended to July 13th.
- TFL (Vol 15) Article on DBHDD Project
- being read through by team.
- suggestions & revisions to Ben by COB Friday(6/19).
What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew About Their Literacy Experiences Project:
- Final draft of report in works
- Due June 30
Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project):
- Liz & CP - Working on Telework
- Wrapping up first round of Tasks:
- proofing, short descriptions, validation, tagging & mapping to decision tree, etc.)
- functioning model due late summer/ early fall.
- Annabel is helping with visual design for interface
Mastery of Assistive Technology (MoAT) Small Bets project kicks off July 1st.
- IRB: protocol ready to submit
- In search of AT "power users" to serve as panelists
Research proposal successfully submitted:
- DRRP (NIDILRR) with Maureen
In the works: ePortfolios Project
- 5 year, National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER) Grant
- To study the impact of:
- digital portfolios upon student leadership of their IEPs
- long term impact of ePortfolios on transition success (graduation, employment, education, independent living)
- Industry partner: Cognitopia
Other Decision Trees/Algorithm Projects:
- Aging - Decision Tree Project (Washington State)
TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)
- Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- Amazon Video Project
- CDC Proposal
- Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
- TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam
- Wiki PPT submissions - Tori
- Online learning updates - helpful?
- policy and procedures
- advisory council
- demonstration tuesdays with danny
- wired wednesdays
- at3 videos
- techsage report and activities
- ot meeting on 6/15
- Ongoing Projects
- ATAP (AT3)
- 2020 contract is in place - webinars, etext remediation
- AT Reuse Activities
- Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase
- Carolyn and Liz, - Telework
- TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- Carolyn, Liz
- Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more.
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- Submitting to the Technology and Disability Policy Highlights (TDPH)
TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)
- K-12 Contract – Statement of Work (SOW)
- Assistive Technology Lending Library
- Discovery Surveys
- EdTrade, Georgia Assistive Technology School Swap Database
- AEM Strategic Roadmaps for future development and operation of
- Expanded UDL/AT Software package
- E-Text delivery program
- District membership for CIDI/TFL services
- K-12 Referrals
- Georgia School for the Deaf Contract
- Metro AT Consortia
- AAC Camp
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)
- Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 266
- Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 74
- Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 171
- Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 80
- Device Reutilization 2899
- Wired Wednesdays are going great! Next on will be July 15th with Maria. She will be covering Math Apps. We need people to Sign up for August and September
- Updating the TFL Equipment Database- Ciara
- Waiting on the funds for DAS
- Carolyn and I met with Dr. Lisa Adams and Rick Sigman with the University of West Ga. They would like our help training their faculty and staff on disability awareness and universal design. They have a new president Dr. Brendon Kelly who would like to increase Universal Design for campus and for faculty and staff.
- Washington Access AT List has been completed
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
Dollars and Sense
- Who wants to give it a look and help with content development
- After meeting with Matthew on EdTRADE, it should be pretty easy to relaunch gTRADE
- Processing some of the backlog of apps since March
- Discussions continue on relocating
- I will be on leave from 7/10-7/17 and will not be checking e-mail/voicemail