TechSAge Update 8/19/2014
T1. Education in Rehabilitation Research
Carolyn Phillips & Liz Persaud
Increase knowledge in Rehabilitation Engineering(RE) which will lead to increased use of evidence-‐based design practices, and eventually, increased effectiveness of home and community-based technologies.
Task 1: Identify Training Needs
- Skill Development
- MOOC Update - CP
Task 2: Develop & Conduct Online Course
- TFL Contracts & Budget - CP
- Travel 2014-2015 - CP
- AT Act Director's Mtg Update - CP
- TFL Advisory Council - Sept. 18th - CP
Task 3: Conduct Live Online Practicums
- Google Hangout
Task 4: Conduct Live Webinars & Trainings
- AT Evaluation Standards & Quality Indicators for TFL & TFL Network
- State Financing: - CP
- AT Depot
- AMAC Co-op
- GRANT Proposal
Task 4: Conduct Live Webinars & Trainings
- 2014 DAS ADRC Systems Integration Conference - August 13-14, 2014 - Peachtree City
- 2014 GACTE Conference - July 15, 2014 - Cobb Galleria
- NWGACIL Lunch & Learn - June 18, 2014 - Rome, GA
- 2014 RESNA - June 12-15, 2014 - Indianapolis, IN
- 2014 IDEAS Conference - June 2-6, 2014 - St. Simons Island, Georgia
- WIND Conference - May 10, 2014 - Columbia, South Carolina
- Cumberland Academy - May 6, 2014 - Atlanta, Georgia
- Galloway School: Technology Strategies & Solutions Success - April 11, 2014 - Atlanta, Georgia
- 2014 Georgia AHEAD Spring Conference - April 4, 2014 - Macon, Georgia
- 2014 Metropolitan Employment Networking Association (MENA) - April 4, 2014 - Atlanta, Georgia
- 2014 LeadingAge Conference - April 1, 2014 - Greenville, SC
Task 5: Host Archived Webinars & Trainings
- AMAC Orders - AT Services - CP
- Valdosta - CP
- AT Solutions Lab
- ECU Lab - Ben J.
- Mounting Lab?
- Switch Lab?
- AppFinder Accessibility Project - CP
- Pass It On Center Updates
- Final Report - CP
- Pass It On Center TA - CP
- 2015 National Conference on West Coast - Kaiser - CP
- Website - Liz
- Webinars - Liz
- ATIA Submissions - Liz
- 4 proposals:
- . AT & Aging - Carolyn, Liz & Maria Kelley - ACCEPTED!
- . Environmental Control - Carolyn, Liz, Ben J. & Michael Leverett - ACCEPTED!
- . Creating an AT & LD Lab - Carolyn, Liz & Martha - ACCEPTED!
- . Pass It On Center (reuse) - Carolyn & Liz - ACCEPTED!
- . Navigating the App Maze: Search engines, finders, blogs and reviews - Amy Goldman and Martha
- . Mental Health & AT - CP, Curt J., Cinda J. and Maria K.
- Georgia Rehabilitation Association (GRA) Update - Liz
- Wednesday, September 3 to Friday, September 5
- Complete & Accepted! We will be presenting 2 sessions:
1. Working Successfully: Exploring Apps for Employment & Transition - Carolyn, Martha & Liz
2. Ethics & Accessibility Considerations: Social Media & Web Based Communications - Carolyn & Liz
- TFL in Exhibit Hall
- GATE Update - Ben S.
- GASHA Update - Ben S.
- GOTA Update - Liz & Rachel
- IDEAS 2015! Update - Martha & Liz
UGA AAC Class - Ben S.
- DAS/ADRC - CP
- SnagIt for Focus Group - CP
- VR - Joy
New Business: (YEA!) Injury Prevention, Fall Prevention, and Older Drivers Taskforce - Rachel
TFL Team Updates!
- Ben J.:
- Ben S.:
Update & Upcoming TFL Events
- Roles & Responsibilities
- July 21-22: Arizona AT Conference - Keynote - CP
- Aug 13-15: DAS Systems Integration Conference (AT Lab & 3 sessions) - Liz
- September 3-5: Georgia Rehabilitation Association Annual Training Conference - (2 Session & Exhibit) CP, Liz, Ben J., Martha, Joy
- Sept. 10: LeadingAge - CP & Liz (2 Session & Exhibit)
- Sept. 10: TASH Training
- Sept. 19-21: GOTA - Augusta, GA
- October 2-3: AMAC Strategic Planning Mtg - CP & Joy
- October 8-10: Georgia Vision Educators (GVEST) Statewide Training - Martha
- October 20-23: MedTrade - Atlanta - TFL Team
- Dec. 5: GATE - TFL EVENT
- January 27-31: ATIA - Orlando - TFL Team
- Feb. 18-21: Chicago - International Learning Disabilities Association (LDA) Conference - (AT Solutions Lab & Presentations)
- Feb. 26-28: International Seating Symposium - Nashville - Liz & Ben
- Feb. 27-28 GSHA - Athens, GA - Ben S.
- March 2-7: San Diego CSUN - CP (Presenting)
- April 27-29: 2015 National ADA Symposium
- June 1-5: IDEAs - TFL EVENT - ALL
- June 1-3: m-Enabling - CP, CL & JK
- June 7-11: AT Act Directors Meeting - Presenting - CP
- June 10-13: Society for Disability Studies Conference & ADA Celebration in Atlanta!
- June 10-14: RESNA - Pre-Instructional Course (All Day) - CP & Martha
- Dec. GATE
Next Meeting: September 2, 2014