Tools for Life provides training to groups and organizations wanting to know more about disabilities, assistive technology and other related topics. Check out the list of presentations below to see what we offer. If you don't see something you are interested in contact us to discuss your options.
Tools for Life Online Professional Development
Live and On-Demand Training. Accessible to You When You Need It.
Tools for Life offers online professional development to help you learn more about assistive technology strategies and solutions as well as the most recent information on AT devices and disability related issues and trends. Webinar content and materials are developed and presented by one of the Tools for Life team members along with other regional and national leaders in the assistive technology community.
TFL presents live webinars on the last Wednesday of every month from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EST, unless otherwise noted. Each webinar is presented within an accessible online platform where participants can easily interact with session presenters to receive real-time answers and solutions to their questions.
TFL records all webinars which are made accessible to you, along with the presentation and any additional handouts. All webinars are posted on the TFL webinar archive page.
CEUs and CRCs are offered for all live and archived webinars. If you need credits please send the webinar title and date, your full name, date of birth, and which credit you are requesting to Liz Persaud at email@example.com.
Statement of Accessibility
All handouts for live webinars will be posted the day before the webinar. Handouts typically consist of the complete Power Point presentation, as well as any additional resources presenters make available. Access to handouts is available on the Tools for Life webinar archive page.
If you need additional accessibility services, including captioning, please contact Liz Persaud at [mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com] two (2) weeks prior to the date of the live webinar.
We can combine any of the presentations listed below or create a presentation to cater to the specific needs of your organization and audience. We require a minimum of 1 (one) hour to provide a comprehensive session that will address the audiences needs and allow for a question and answer segment.
To discuss your training needs, please contact Liz Persaud, Training, Outreach and Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accommodations for People with Disabilities Returning to Work
- Assistive Technology: Strategies and Solutions for People with Disabilities
- Assistive Technology used for Individuals with … (Specific Disabilities)
- Assistive Technology for Computer Access
- Assistive Technology for People with Degenerative Nuerological Diseases (DND)
- Assistive Technology for Sensory Disabilities
- Assistive Technology Funding
- Autism and AAC: iPads, Tablets, iPhones as AAC devices
- Building Bridges
- Communicating Respect in the Workplace
- Communication Devices for People who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Creating a Positive Work Culture and Work Environment
- Customized Employment
- disAbility 101
- disAbility 101 & 102
- Disability Awareness: Middle School Training
- Discovering Your Personal Genius
- Emergency Management for People with Disabilities
- Essentials for Sustaining: The Tools for Life Approach
- Focus on Abilities
- How to Coordinate an Assistive Technology Conference
- Integrating Assistive Technology in the Customized Employment Model
- Perfecting Customer Service and Acknowledging Equal Access
- Self Advocacy
- STAR (Southeastern Technology Access & Reuse) Network
- STAR (Southeastern Technology Access & Reuse) Network: AT Reuse in Georgia and the Southeast
- State Assistive Technology Act Program AT Resources for Living, Learning and Working
- Strategies and Solutions for Individuals with Autism
- Tablets, Apps, Widgets "Oh My"
- Tools for Life Network: An Overview
- Workplace Accommodations in Minutes
- Workplace Strategies and Solutions for People with Learning Disabilities