TFL Team Meeting - 11/15/2016
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 TFL Administration Updates
- 1.2 Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.3 Finance Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.4 Administration and Human Resource Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.5 Business Operations Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.6 Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.7 TFL AT Services Updates
- 1.8 AT Access Updates (Martha)
- 1.9 AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
- 1.10 AT Solutions Lab Updates (Ben)
- 1.11 TFL Leadership Updates
- 1.12 Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
- 1.13 TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)
- 1.14 TFL Action Items
- 1.15 Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- 1.16 Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics
- Tentatively: Carolyn Phillips, .
TFL Administration Updates
Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- ICT Symposium
- AMAC invitation to the White House for the roll our of the National Technology Plan, December 15th.
- H. R. 979 - House Study Committee on Programs that Provide Services for the Reading to the Blind and Visually Impaired Meeting feedback
- AMAC invitation to the United Nations CRPD 10 year celebration (December 2nd)
- NIH LDRC Grant - learning disabilities and mental health disorders - Looking at how technology can impact anxiety and depression
- ATN revised business model and Oxford Press
- IAAP University Network and Higher Education Forum
- Total software downloads for fiscal year 2017 - 909
- ICT MOOC – 5,159 total enrollment / 108 Active Students Last Week / 53 watched a video / 7 participated in a discussion
- United States 25.2% 1,139
- India 9.5% 428
- Unknown Country 5.6% 255
- Nigeria 4.0% 182
- United Kingdom 3.5% 160
- Canada 2.7% 120
GT FIRE & GTPE Grants
- Module 1 is being developed
- Institute Diversity and C21U are on board
Finance Updates (Carolyn)
Grants & Contracts Updates!
- ) FUNDED-AT Act 2016 - Spending Down
- ) FUNDED-AT Act 2017 - $114k - Sub-Agreements rolling out.
- ) Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- ) Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- ) FUNDED- Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development - ATIA Workshop (Lucy working on Prototype)
- ) FUNDED - ATAP | $66,670 for the first year and every year for 5 years ($333,350) for National Pass It On Center
- ) FUNDED - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able
- ) FUNDED - GT Wireless RERC | $10,000 for Training and TA
- ) FUNDED - GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650
- ) FUNDED - GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000)
- ) FUNDED - GT CATEA FIP - ($15,500)
- )FUNDED - DEI - Moving Forward!
- ) FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships!
- ) FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
- ) In Discussions with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation to conduct AT Evaluations & Training
- Challenge: Tracking Time - 10-11 Different Project Codes.
- Challenge: Need to hire 2 additional Qualified AT Professionals (OT? or SLP?) - AT Services of Demo, Eval and Training AND 1 person for Training/Public Awareness Activities.
Administration and Human Resource Updates (Carolyn)
- How is FSLA Going?
- Here is the way to determine the correct number of hours based on percentages:
- 5% = 2 hrs
- 10% = 4 hrs
- 15% = 6 hrs
- 20% = 8 hrs (1 day)
- 30% = 12 hrs
- 40% = 16 hrs (2 days)
- 50% = 20 hrs
- 60% = 24 hrs (3 days)
- 70% = 28 hrs
- 80% = 32 hrs (4 days)
- 90% = 36 hrs
- 100% = 40 hrs (5 days)
- Krista - December moving to Permanent GT employee
Business Operations Updates (Carolyn)
- Quadrant 2 - How is it going?
- Any ways to support you?
- What is not getting accomplished?
- AT Lab, Inventory and Use
Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
TFL AT Services Updates
AT Access Updates (Martha)
AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
AT Solutions Lab Updates (Ben)
TFL Leadership Updates
Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)
- DBHDD Training
TFL Action Items
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)